TEMPLATE:CHOOSE:2,blah?

  • Emily Smirle
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2002
      is there a way to have someone choose two templates from a list?

      Inquiring minds want to know...
      --
      "Beer is the mind-killer. Beer is the little death that brings total
      oblivion. I will face my beer. I will permit it to pass over me and
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2002
        Yes; the original lst writer for Rokugan and OA have it in place. Here's the example:

        TEMPLATE:CHOOSE:Crab|Crane|Dragon|Imperial|Lion|Mantis|Phoenix|Ronin|Scorpion|Unicorn|Minor Clans

        BoB
        is there a way to have someone choose two templates from a list?

        Inquiring minds want to know...
      • Eric Beaudoin
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 1, 2002
          At 21:18 2002.06.01, Bob Galley wrote:
          Yes; the original lst writer for Rokugan and OA have it in place. Here's the example:

          TEMPLATE:CHOOSE:Crab|Crane|Dragon|Imperial|Lion|Mantis|Phoenix|Ronin|Scorpion|Unicorn|Minor Clans

          BoB

          That generate only one choice, not two...
          is there a way to have someone choose two templates from a list?

          Inquiring minds want to know...

          Éric Beaudoin               <mailto:beaudoer@...>

        • Emily Smirle
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 1, 2002
            Bob Galley wrote:

            > Yes; the original lst writer for Rokugan and OA have it in place. Here's
            > the example:

            > TEMPLATE:CHOOSE:Crab|Crane|Dragon|Imperial|Lion|Mantis|Phoenix|Ronin|Scorpion|Unicorn|Minor
            > Clans

            That would not be two choices. That would be one choice... I'm looking
            for a way to choose two templates from a list.
            --
            "Beer is the mind-killer. Beer is the little death that brings total
            oblivion. I will face my beer. I will permit it to pass over me and
            through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to
            see it's path. When the beer has gone there will be nothing.
            Only I will remain." - www.goats.com
          • Tir Gwaith
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 1, 2002
              I'd say that would be a FReq. Prob. should keep it optional..

              Tir Gwaith
              LST Chimp
              MM Race Dragon
              > is there a way to have someone choose two templates from a list?
              >
              > Inquiring minds want to know...
              > --
              > "Beer is the mind-killer. Beer is the little death that brings total
              > oblivion. I will face my beer. I will permit it to pass over me and
              > through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to
              > see it's path. When the beer has gone there will be nothing.
              > Only I will remain." - www.goats.com

            • Arcady
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 1, 2002
                The answer is 'kinda no'

                You can do it through multiple templates but it might get messy

                like this:

                template1    SA:coolstuff   TEMPLATE:CHOOSE:this|that|the other thing   TEMPLATE:template2
                template2    SA:coolstuff   TEMPLATE:CHOOSE:this|that|the other thing

                This will go through two pop-ups, once choice each.

                The mess can result if the user chooses the same thing twice. No real mess there just they won't get what they want...

                alternatively you could do:

                template1    SA:coolstuff   TEMPLATE:CHOOSE:this|that|the other thing
                this                       SA:this stuff               TEMPLATE:CHOOSE:that2|the other thing2
                that                       SA:that stuff              TEMPLATE:CHOOSE:this2|the other thing2
                the other thing        SA:other stuff            TEMPLATE:CHOOSE:this2|that2
                this2                       SA:this stuff
                that2                       SA:that stuff
                the other thing2        SA:other stuff

                Which could get VERY confusing.