Curious about Yuan-Ti entries...

  • Emily Smirle
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 1, 2002
      Is there any particular reason why someone completly removed all my work
      on the Yuan-Ti, making their skill ranks inaccurate and removing my
      templates so you can no longer have Yuan-ti with the appropriate mutations?

      The yuan-ti entry gives purebloods a total Listen and spot value of 15.
      Given that this is a species with a wisdom of 18, I find it questionable
      that they've been changed to having 15 ranks in the two skills. All the
      skills are incorrect...
      --
      "Beer is the mind-killer. Beer is the little death that brings total
      oblivion. I will face my beer. I will permit it to pass over me and
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 1, 2002
        I haven't messed with the Yuan-Ti entries all that much, esp. skills.

        Looking in PCGen:DM, I don't see them NOT being Listen,Spot|15

        I've been waiting for NATURALATTACKS in Template (and now SPELL in template)
        to do the overhaul work on Yuan-Tis.

        You can either fix it, or make a Bug report/List File Fix @ PCGEN:DM and
        assign it to me. I'll get it done.

        Tir Gwaith
        LST Chimp
        MM Race Dragon
        > Is there any particular reason why someone completly removed all my work
        > on the Yuan-Ti, making their skill ranks inaccurate and removing my
        > templates so you can no longer have Yuan-ti with the appropriate
        mutations?

        > The yuan-ti entry gives purebloods a total Listen and spot value of 15.
        > Given that this is a species with a wisdom of 18, I find it questionable
        > that they've been changed to having 15 ranks in the two skills. All the
        > skills are incorrect...
        > --
        > "Beer is the mind-killer. Beer is the little death that brings total
        > oblivion. I will face my beer. I will permit it to pass over me and
        > through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to
        > see it's path. When the beer has gone there will be nothing.
        > Only I will remain." - www.goats.com

      • Eric Beaudoin
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 1, 2002
          At 21:56 2002.06.01, Tir Gwaith wrote:
          >I haven't messed with the Yuan-Ti entries all that much, esp. skills.
          >
          >Looking in PCGen:DM, I don't see them NOT being Listen,Spot|15
          >
          >I've been waiting for NATURALATTACKS in Template (and now SPELL in template)
          >to do the overhaul work on Yuan-Tis.
          >
          >You can either fix it, or make a Bug report/List File Fix @ PCGEN:DM and
          >assign it to me. I'll get it done.

          Emily already sent me her files. I'll deal with it Andrew. (You can open the BUG if you feel like it, I'll probably assign you to review it anyway :-).

          Best

          Éric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin
          >> In space, no one can hear you sleep...
          <mailto:beaudoer@...>
        • Tir Gwaith
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 1, 2002
            Not a problem. Been avoiding the Yuan-Ti for too long anyway...

            Tir Gwaith
            LST Chimp
            MM Race Dragon

            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 1, 2002
              Tir Gwaith wrote:

              > I haven't messed with the Yuan-Ti entries all that much, esp. skills.
              >
              > Looking in PCGen:DM, I don't see them NOT being Listen,Spot|15

              That's the issue. WTF do they have 15 ranks in these? They have
              alertness, which grants a +2 bonus (the feat is being added, so we don't
              need to factor it in) and they have a wisdom bonus of +4, which PCGEn
              also keeps track of. They have 9 ranks in Listen and Spot, and the rest
              are modifiers.

              Same with the rest of the skills.

              I haven't looked at the monman lately, but if that's how all the entries
              are, we've gone a huge step backward.

              > I've been waiting for NATURALATTACKS in Template (and now SPELL in template)
              > to do the overhaul work on Yuan-Tis.

              We can handle at least part of it at the moment with templates and SAs,
              which is what I had originally.

              > You can either fix it, or make a Bug report/List File Fix @ PCGEN:DM and
              > assign it to me. I'll get it done.

              I'm working with Eric to fix it all and track down where it got FUBAR.
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 1, 2002
                > Tir Gwaith wrote:
                >
                > > I haven't messed with the Yuan-Ti entries all that much, esp. skills.
                > >
                > > Looking in PCGen:DM, I don't see them NOT being Listen,Spot|15
                >

                > That's the issue. WTF do they have 15 ranks in these? They have
                > alertness, which grants a +2 bonus (the feat is being added, so we don't
                > need to factor it in) and they have a wisdom bonus of +4, which PCGEn
                > also keeps track of. They have 9 ranks in Listen and Spot, and the rest
                > are modifiers.
                >
                > Same with the rest of the skills.
                >
                > I haven't looked at the monman lately, but if that's how all the entries
                > are, we've gone a huge step backward.

                No. Unless someone went back over all my work.. Yuan-Ti wasn't one of my
                originals, and is one of the few I haven't gone over with a tooth and comb
                (some in A and one other creature that I'll remember when I look at it)

                Yes, Yuan-ti should have 9 ranks in those skills. It'll get fixed.

                > > I've been waiting for NATURALATTACKS in Template (and now SPELL in
                template)
                > > to do the overhaul work on Yuan-Tis.
                >

                > We can handle at least part of it at the moment with templates and SAs,
                > which is what I had originally.

                Ok. Mostly an excuse for myself really. Hate looking in the mirror. :)

                > > You can either fix it, or make a Bug report/List File Fix @ PCGEN:DM and
                > > assign it to me. I'll get it done.
                >

                > I'm working with Eric to fix it all and track down where it got FUBAR.

                Kay.

                Tir Gwaith
                LST Chimp
                MM Race Dragon
              • John Rudd
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 1, 2002
                  Could the mangling have come up when, sometime in the last couple weeks, it
                  was mentioned that the Yuan-Ti entries had the wrong weapon proficiencies
                  (the proficiencies listed in the lst file mistakenly had "(Masterwork)" in
                  them, and they also had "Composite Longbow" instead of "Longbow (Composite)
                  ")?

                  I remember that being brought up on the list, and then someone else saying
                  it was being fixed. But I don't remember who was fixing it. Or was the
                  "fixed version" the ones that Emily was asking about? (and I don't know
                  why fixing just that error would have messed up the rest of the entries, I'
                  m just thinking that we know someone WAS talking about those entries
                  needing to be modified recently)

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 1, 2002
                    John Rudd wrote:

                    > I remember that being brought up on the list, and then someone else saying
                    > it was being fixed. But I don't remember who was fixing it. Or was the
                    > "fixed version" the ones that Emily was asking about? (and I don't know
                    > why fixing just that error would have messed up the rest of the entries, I'
                    > m just thinking that we know someone WAS talking about those entries
                    > needing to be modified recently)

                    My original entries never had (Masterwork) in 'em, so that at least
                    helps us date when odd data crept in. Sounds like the entire entry was
                    on crack.
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 2, 2002
                      Yep.... and it happend before the data got moved from PCGen to PCGen:DM

                      Tir Gwaith
                      LST Chimp
                      MM Race Dragon