Re: [pcgen] [BUG] Skill rank maxima counting Monster HD twice

  • Emily Smirle
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 1, 2002
      Tir Gwaith wrote:

      > Possibly...
      > Nitpic:
      > 6HD+1LVL + 3 = 10 max...

      Woopsie, brain fart.

      > BONUS:SKILLRANK is in the File for Default On creation auto addition of
      > skillranks.... That perhaps needs to be MBONUS:SKILLRANK (get applied only
      > with Default On, Like MFEAT...
      >
      > Those could be your phantom ranks... Haven't tested.

      There is no such thing as MBONUS. However, removing those bonuses does
      not help, and none of those bonuses are to the tune of 6. Bonus ranks
      are also normally controlled quite adequately by maximum ranks.

      --
      "Beer is the mind-killer. Beer is the little death that brings total
      oblivion. I will face my beer. I will permit it to pass over me and
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 1, 2002
        Emily Smirle wrote:

        > There is no such thing as MBONUS. However, removing those bonuses does
        > not help, and none of those bonuses are to the tune of 6. Bonus ranks
        > are also normally controlled quite adequately by maximum ranks.

        Correction, only Intimidation has six ranks in it. The bug is still
        visible with any other class skill you choose. Cross class skills
        exhibit similar bugs, value relevant being 8, not 16.
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 1, 2002
          Tir Gwaith wrote:

          > I know MBONUS doesn't exist - was throwing out an idea for improvement...
          > Ok, so that wasn't the issue.. :)

          *looks puzzled* but that isn't the issue. The SKILLRANKS tag is what was
          introduced for monster characters. Adding MBONUS:SKILLRANKS would be
          redundant.

          --
          "Beer is the mind-killer. Beer is the little death that brings total
          oblivion. I will face my beer. I will permit it to pass over me and
          through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to
          see it's path. When the beer has gone there will be nothing.
          Only I will remain." - www.goats.com
        • Tir Gwaith
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 1, 2002
            > > BONUS:SKILLRANK is in the File for Default On creation auto addition of
            > > skillranks.... That perhaps needs to be MBONUS:SKILLRANK (get applied
            only
            > > with Default On, Like MFEAT...
            > >
            > > Those could be your phantom ranks... Haven't tested.
            >

            > There is no such thing as MBONUS. However, removing those bonuses does
            > not help, and none of those bonuses are to the tune of 6. Bonus ranks
            > are also normally controlled quite adequately by maximum ranks.

            I know MBONUS doesn't exist - was throwing out an idea for improvement...
            Ok, so that wasn't the issue.. :)

            Tir Gwaith
            LST Chimp
            MM Race Dragon
          • Tir Gwaith
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 1, 2002
              That would be nice... Except you can give it from classes, and prob. every
              file type...

              And we need it from classes def: Dragons (Default off only) get certain
              SKILLRANKS at 1/HD.

              Unless we can refer to HD in formula (outstanding FReq)... But then the
              dragons would still need access to it in Default off mode.

              Tir Gwaith
              LST Chimp
              MM Race Dragon

              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 1, 2002
                Tir Gwaith wrote:

                > That would be nice... Except you can give it from classes, and prob. every
                > file type...
                >
                > And we need it from classes def: Dragons (Default off only) get certain
                > SKILLRANKS at 1/HD.
                >
                > Unless we can refer to HD in formula (outstanding FReq)... But then the
                > dragons would still need access to it in Default off mode.

                Ziss... ziss is tru.

                Dragon SKILLRANKS notwithstanding, I've found the problem code and fixed
                it in CVS. relic code from before the DefaultMonster on/off choice was
                causing issues. Same with the GUI reporting side; I never use
                DefaultMonster, so I didn't notice. All has been fixed.

                Feel free to toast my potatoes if you find new bugs.