Re: [pcgen] [BUG] Skill rank maxima counting Monster HD twice

  • Tir Gwaith
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 1, 2002
      Possibly...
      Nitpic:
      6HD+1LVL + 3 = 10 max...

      BONUS:SKILLRANK is in the File for Default On creation auto addition of
      skillranks.... That perhaps needs to be MBONUS:SKILLRANK (get applied only
      with Default On, Like MFEAT...

      Those could be your phantom ranks... Haven't tested.

      Tir Gwaith
      LST Chimp
      MM Race Dragon
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 1, 2002
        Tir Gwaith wrote:

        > Possibly...
        > Nitpic:
        > 6HD+1LVL + 3 = 10 max...

        Woopsie, brain fart.

        > BONUS:SKILLRANK is in the File for Default On creation auto addition of
        > skillranks.... That perhaps needs to be MBONUS:SKILLRANK (get applied only
        > with Default On, Like MFEAT...
        >
        > Those could be your phantom ranks... Haven't tested.

        There is no such thing as MBONUS. However, removing those bonuses does
        not help, and none of those bonuses are to the tune of 6. Bonus ranks
        are also normally controlled quite adequately by maximum ranks.

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 1, 2002
          Emily Smirle wrote:

          > There is no such thing as MBONUS. However, removing those bonuses does
          > not help, and none of those bonuses are to the tune of 6. Bonus ranks
          > are also normally controlled quite adequately by maximum ranks.

          Correction, only Intimidation has six ranks in it. The bug is still
          visible with any other class skill you choose. Cross class skills
          exhibit similar bugs, value relevant being 8, not 16.
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 1, 2002
            Tir Gwaith wrote:

            > I know MBONUS doesn't exist - was throwing out an idea for improvement...
            > Ok, so that wasn't the issue.. :)

            *looks puzzled* but that isn't the issue. The SKILLRANKS tag is what was
            introduced for monster characters. Adding MBONUS:SKILLRANKS would be
            redundant.

            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 1, 2002

              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 1, 2002
                That would be nice... Except you can give it from classes, and prob. every
                file type...

                And we need it from classes def: Dragons (Default off only) get certain
                SKILLRANKS at 1/HD.

                Unless we can refer to HD in formula (outstanding FReq)... But then the
                dragons would still need access to it in Default off mode.

                Tir Gwaith
                LST Chimp
                MM Race Dragon

                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 1, 2002
                  Tir Gwaith wrote:

                  > That would be nice... Except you can give it from classes, and prob. every
                  > file type...
                  >
                  > And we need it from classes def: Dragons (Default off only) get certain
                  > SKILLRANKS at 1/HD.
                  >
                  > Unless we can refer to HD in formula (outstanding FReq)... But then the
                  > dragons would still need access to it in Default off mode.

                  Ziss... ziss is tru.

                  Dragon SKILLRANKS notwithstanding, I've found the problem code and fixed
                  it in CVS. relic code from before the DefaultMonster on/off choice was
                  causing issues. Same with the GUI reporting side; I never use
                  DefaultMonster, so I didn't notice. All has been fixed.

                  Feel free to toast my potatoes if you find new bugs.