Re: [pcgen] PCProfiler

  • Leonard Anthony P. Arcilla
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2002
      At 02:37 AM 06/02/02, you wrote:
      >Something I just saw over on EN World that might be of interest. Maybe
      >there're ideas to be mined?
      >
      >http://pcp.3eprofiler.com/
      >
      >PCProfiler DOES have auto-calculations, but it also lets you turn them
      >off. I haven't gotten too deep into it yet, but most importantly:
      >
      >a) It seems extremely easy to use and,
      >b) Its display is very attractive.

      I agree. And the templates are well documented as well. The
      auto-calculations in the default template are quite simple though and with
      more work, may equal PC Gen's "enforcement". The program's quite solid,
      though I have only gone so far as to input all the PCs in my current
      campaign. (Had to modify the default html template and corresponding
      scripts to allow more than just 35 skills though; don't know how it will
      print out... might have to check the printing scripts for that...)

      Leonard Anthony P. Arcilla
      Instructor
      Institute of Computer Science
      University of the Philippines at Los BaƱos

      "Without this playing with fantasy no creative work has ever come to birth.
      The debt we owe to the play of our imagination is incalculable."
      --Psychological Types, Carl Jung