PCProfiler

  • Rob Bowell
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2002
      Something I just saw over on EN World that might be of interest. Maybe
      there're ideas to be mined?

      http://pcp.3eprofiler.com/

      PCProfiler DOES have auto-calculations, but it also lets you turn them
      off. I haven't gotten too deep into it yet, but most importantly:

      a) It seems extremely easy to use and,
      b) Its display is very attractive.

      -----------
      Rob Bowell
    • Leonard Anthony P. Arcilla
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2002
        At 02:37 AM 06/02/02, you wrote:
        >Something I just saw over on EN World that might be of interest. Maybe
        >there're ideas to be mined?
        >
        >http://pcp.3eprofiler.com/
        >
        >PCProfiler DOES have auto-calculations, but it also lets you turn them
        >off. I haven't gotten too deep into it yet, but most importantly:
        >
        >a) It seems extremely easy to use and,
        >b) Its display is very attractive.

        I agree. And the templates are well documented as well. The
        auto-calculations in the default template are quite simple though and with
        more work, may equal PC Gen's "enforcement". The program's quite solid,
        though I have only gone so far as to input all the PCs in my current
        campaign. (Had to modify the default html template and corresponding
        scripts to allow more than just 35 skills though; don't know how it will
        print out... might have to check the printing scripts for that...)

        Leonard Anthony P. Arcilla
        Instructor
        Institute of Computer Science
        University of the Philippines at Los BaƱos

        "Without this playing with fantasy no creative work has ever come to birth.
        The debt we owe to the play of our imagination is incalculable."
        --Psychological Types, Carl Jung