Re: [pcgen] Equipping Tab

  • Emily Smirle
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 1, 2002
      calvinesheltonjr wrote:

      > I have a question with the equipping tab on PCGen?
      > Is there any way to get it to put items in other items like
      > it does under inventory such as I have a backpack and I put my rope
      > in the backpack instead of saying its just carried?

      Click on the backpack in the right hand window. Click on the rope in the
      left hand window. Move it over. Tada.

      --
      "Beer is the mind-killer. Beer is the little death that brings total
      oblivion. I will face my beer. I will permit it to pass over me and
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 2, 2002
        Thanks
        --- In pcgen@y..., Emily Smirle <smirle4498@r...> wrote:
        > calvinesheltonjr wrote:
        >
        > > I have a question with the equipping tab on PCGen?
        > > Is there any way to get it to put items in other items like
        > > it does under inventory such as I have a backpack and I put my
        rope
        > > in the backpack instead of saying its just carried?
        > >

        > Click on the backpack in the right hand window. Click on the rope
        in the
        > left hand window. Move it over. Tada.
        >
        > --
        > "Beer is the mind-killer. Beer is the little death that brings
        total
        > oblivion. I will face my beer. I will permit it to pass over me
        and
        > through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to
        > see it's path. When the beer has gone there will be nothing.
        > Only I will remain." -
        www.goats.com
      • Zevious
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 17, 2002
          Ok, I've normally done all character equipping from the Inventory tab.
          This allows you to put items within other items and ready weapons and
          whatnot. This works fine, but my understanding is that this
          functionality will be going away soon so I took a look at the Equipping
          tab today. I must admit that I like this function better since it's
          easier to place items within items, you're not limited to large stacks
          of single items, etc.

          My problem is that when I go to print out the character, it does not
          show any of the changes that are made using the equipping tab. IE: If I
          don't set a item to be carried on the inventory tab, it doesn't add
          weight, etc to the character and if I don't set items to be within bags
          of holding, they don't show as being there.

          Am I missing something on the functionality here, or is this not working
          properly yet? I'm running 4.1.1 currently.

          Zev

        • Ian Dale
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 18, 2002
            --- In pcgen@y..., "Zevious" <zevious@c...> wrote:
            > Am I missing something on the functionality here, or is this not
            working
            > properly yet? I'm running 4.1.1 currently.

            I think that the functionality is still separate in most cases. I
            believe that there's one or two specific times when you MUST use the
            Equipping tab right now, but on output (except from eqsheet.htm)
            you're right, it only handles what the Inventory tab says.

            I'm sure this'll be changing over future releases, though hopefully
            someone on the project can give more detail. :)

            -Ian
          • James Dempsey
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 18, 2002

              The equipping tab is being gradually extended. Once it can do everything
              that the inventory tab can do, the location and hand columns will be removed
              from the inventory tab, and the "Default Set" on the equipping tab will be
              used when producing output.

              You will notice a couple of improvements to the equipping tab in the next
              release - an "Add All" command to set all equipment to carried, the ability
              to select multiple items and add them to a location, and the ability to copy
              sets.

              James Dempsey
              JDempsey@...
              PCGEN Code Monkey

              > > Am I missing something on the functionality here, or is this not
              > working
              > > properly yet? I'm running 4.1.1 currently.
              >
              > I think that the functionality is still separate in most cases. I
              > believe that there's one or two specific times when you MUST use the
              > Equipping tab right now, but on output (except from eqsheet.htm)
              > you're right, it only handles what the Inventory tab says.
              >
              > I'm sure this'll be changing over future releases, though hopefully
              > someone on the project can give more detail. :)
              >
              > -Ian
            • Ian Dale
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 18, 2002
                --- In pcgen@y..., "James Dempsey" <jdempsey@a...> wrote:
                > You will notice a couple of improvements to the equipping tab in
                the next
                > release - an "Add All" command to set all equipment to carried, the
                ability
                > to select multiple items and add them to a location, and the
                ability to copy
                > sets.

                Sounds great! :) Thanks for the info. Now to just wait until Bryan's
                able to get 4.1.2 out (hopefully the computer revival is going
                well). :)

                -Ian