RE: [pcgen] Did BONUS:Vision ever get fixed?

  • Bob Galley
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 1, 2002
      This particular instance is in a feat: Can we call a template.lst from within a feat.lst?

      As an aside, is it possible to create a central visiontemplate.lst? I don't have customise.lst with me, so this example is in pseudocode: (if I remember right, 0 is remove, 1 is add, 2 is replace in the VISION tag.

      SOURCE:visiontemplate.lst

      TEMPLATE:lowlight-short
          VISION:Lowlight (30'),1

      TEMPLATE:lowlight-med
          PRETEMPLATE:lowlight-short
          VISION:Lowlight (60'),2
      TEMPLATE:lowlight-long
          PRETEMPLATE:lowlight-med
          VISION:Lowlight (90'),2

      TEMPLATE:darkvision-short
          VISION:Darkvision (30'),1

      ...and so on, for all the vision types.  Thus, rather than writing this out in a dozen or more different locations, everything can just call the central vision template file in their .pcc. That is, if a .pcc can call files in a directory other than its own?

      BoB
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 1, 2002
        First of all it would be VISION:2,Low-light (XX')  not VISION:Low-light (XX'),2

        Yes, PCCs can call files in other directories.  See the monstersoffaerun.pcc for a good example.  You start with @\ which refers to the data folder...  so
        @\wotc\sourcebooks\dungeonsanddragons\core\playershandbook\playershbXXX.lst

        I have a hard time with Low-light having distance... It's 2x the light source...  Keen_Low-light is 4x the distance of the light source (Dragons have it).

        Don't think Feat.lst can call templates..  That would be a good FReq.

        Tir Gwaith
        LST Chimp
        MM Race Dragon

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 1, 2002