RE: [pcgen] Tiefling/Level Adjustment

  • Arcady
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 1, 2002
      The solution to this is to name them differently.

      Then use the 'RACENAME' tag so that when the character sheet is printed out it
      just shows Tiefling.

      That's how I handled races for settings like FR, in case somebody loaded the
      player's handbook after FR that avoids an overwrite.

    • Arcady
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 1, 2002
        I just copied the Planetouched one over all three of them, renamed the MM one to
        Tiefling (MM), and kept the level adjustment in on the DMG one.

        Then CVS'd it.

        There's actually three more copies of the race:
        one in the realms races, and two in the monster's of faerun.

        I left these ones alone.

      • Tir Gwaith
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 1, 2002
          Umm... Planetouched (Tiefling/Fey'ri) and Planetouched (Tiefling/Tanarukk)
          Those are different... (Half-elf and half-orc). Messed with them, and I
          would have been a little ticked..

          DMG races will change soon... Not sure how. I'd like to link the DMG over
          to the MM races via PCC link, and then do the .MOD for those races that the
          DMG has a .MOD for. However, since the DMG is Rank2 and MM Rank3, I don't
          think that will work.

          The DMG races are from one page of Stat ajustments meant to help DMs make
          high level NPCs of those races quickly by hand. Since PCGen can create ALL
          the backwork for the DM, I don't see why we need the truncated stuff...

          Oh - and there is RACENAME in the Planetouched (Aasimar) and Planetouched
          (Teifling) to change them to Aasimar and Tiefling, respectively.... that
          only effects the Csheet. At least there WAS RACENAME in them... If we are
          going to put (MM) and such after some of them, we need to do that to the
          RACENAME, too.

          Tir Gwaith
          LST Chimp
          MM Race Dragon
          > I just copied the Planetouched one over all three of them, renamed the MM
          one to
          > Tiefling (MM), and kept the level adjustment in on the DMG one.
          >
          > Then CVS'd it.
          >
          > There's actually three more copies of the race:
          > one in the realms races, and two in the monster's of faerun.
          >
          > I left these ones alone.

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Arcady
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 1, 2002
            You wouldn't want the RACENAME tage to have Tiefling (MM).
            Just Tiefling.

            The whole point of that tag is to avoid the issue of having to have funky names
            show up a character sheet because otherwise PCGen would have been confused.