[Bug] BONUS:DOMAIN|NUMBER|x Not Working Properly

  • elves_are_mortal
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2002
      Hi.

      The tag BONUS:DOMAIN|NUMBER|x doesn't appear to be working properly,
      at least in template.lst and feat.lst. The bonus domains granted by
      this are not being added unless the character already has domains
      that are granted by his/her class. I've been testing this rather
      intensively, and cannot find a work-around for this behavior. It is
      very repeatable.

      Example 1:
      a. Created template. "Add Domain [tab] BONUS:DOMAIN|NUMBER|1"
      b. Choose a human, with any class without domains (basically, NOT
      Cleric).
      c. Apply template.
      d. Check domain tab. 0 of 0 domains listed.
      e. Take class WITH domains (basically Cleric).
      f. Check Domain tab. 0 of 3 domains listed.

      So, the BONUS is being applied. However,
      g. Choose three domains.
      h. Remove domain-giving class.
      i. Check Domain tab. Back to 0 of 0 domains listed.

      The same procedure applies to Feats.

      Thanks,
      Mortal_Elf
    • elves_are_mortal
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 8, 2002
        Hi.

        This hasn't been responded to in the last week, so I thought I'd re-
        post. I hope this isn't too annoying.

        --- In pcgen@y..., "elves_are_mortal" <elves_are_mortal@y...> wrote:
        > Hi.
        >
        > The tag BONUS:DOMAIN|NUMBER|x doesn't appear to be working
        properly,
        > at least in template.lst and feat.lst. The bonus domains granted
        by
        > this are not being added unless the character already has domains
        > that are granted by his/her class. I've been testing this rather
        > intensively, and cannot find a work-around for this behavior. It
        is
        > very repeatable.
        >
        > Example 1:
        > a. Created template. "Add Domain [tab] BONUS:DOMAIN|NUMBER|1"
        > b. Choose a human, with any class without domains (basically, NOT
        > Cleric).
        > c. Apply template.
        > d. Check domain tab. 0 of 0 domains listed.
        > e. Take class WITH domains (basically Cleric).
        > f. Check Domain tab. 0 of 3 domains listed.
        >
        > So, the BONUS is being applied. However,
        > g. Choose three domains.
        > h. Remove domain-giving class.
        > i. Check Domain tab. Back to 0 of 0 domains listed.
        >
        > The same procedure applies to Feats.
        >

        > Thanks,
        > Mortal_Elf
      • Tir Gwaith
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 8, 2002
          Cause it doesn't have it defined anywhere... but if the same syntax is used
          in class.lst it activates it... What about somehting like a tag like
          DOMAINS:On so that we could have items that give access to domains, and
          items that add to a char's domains avail. only if he already has them avail.

          Just brainstorming here.

          Tir Gwaith
          LST Chimp
          Strange Monkey
          MM Race Dragon
          > This hasn't been responded to in the last week, so I thought I'd re-
          > post. I hope this isn't too annoying.
          >

          > --- In pcgen@y..., "elves_are_mortal" <elves_are_mortal@y...> wrote:
          > > Hi.
          > >
          > > The tag BONUS:DOMAIN|NUMBER|x doesn't appear to be working
          > properly,
          > > at least in template.lst and feat.lst. The bonus domains granted
          > by
          > > this are not being added unless the character already has domains
          > > that are granted by his/her class. I've been testing this rather
          > > intensively, and cannot find a work-around for this behavior. It
          > is
          > > very repeatable.
          > >
          > > Example 1:
          > > a. Created template. "Add Domain [tab] BONUS:DOMAIN|NUMBER|1"
          > > b. Choose a human, with any class without domains (basically, NOT
          > > Cleric).
          > > c. Apply template.
          > > d. Check domain tab. 0 of 0 domains listed.
          > > e. Take class WITH domains (basically Cleric).
          > > f. Check Domain tab. 0 of 3 domains listed.
          > >
          > > So, the BONUS is being applied. However,
          > > g. Choose three domains.
          > > h. Remove domain-giving class.
          > > i. Check Domain tab. Back to 0 of 0 domains listed.
          > >
          > > The same procedure applies to Feats.
          > >

          > > Thanks,
          > > Mortal_Elf

        • merton_monk
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 8, 2002
            I think you're right. The problem is that PCGen wouldn't know what
            class to associate the chosen domains with... any suggestions?

            -Bryan