Are the innate spells implemented yet?

  • Scott Ellsworth
    Message 1 of 6 , May 31, 2002
      Hi, all.

      ISTR that Merton was talking about putting innate spells, such as gnome
      cantrips, in the lst files, so they would show up just like a spell book.

      I took a very quick look at the FR gnome and the celestial templates,
      and this did not seem to be happening with my fifth level gnome
      character. Is this implemented yet?

      I ask because I have templates that all of my players have taken which
      grant innate spells, and I wanted to convert my template to the new
      innate spell list format once it was implemented and showed up on the
      csheet-rog.fo template

      Extra spellbooks just started showing up, so now seems to be a good
      time, assuming I can find an example to copy from.

      Scott
    • merton_monk
      Message 2 of 6 , May 31, 2002
        Yes - innate spells are implemented. I believe only the PHB races
        have them. Tir and our other data people will be addressing all the
        MM races, though I'm not sure how long it will take to complete
        that. I doubt they've gotten to the FR races, so if you wanted to
        see how it's been done in the PHB files (SPELL: tag) and address it
        yourself, we don't mind more hands doing the work. :)

        -Bryan

        --- In pcgen@y..., Scott Ellsworth <scott@a...> wrote:
        > Hi, all.
        >
        > ISTR that Merton was talking about putting innate spells, such as
        gnome
        > cantrips, in the lst files, so they would show up just like a spell
        book.

        > I took a very quick look at the FR gnome and the celestial
        templates,
        > and this did not seem to be happening with my fifth level gnome
        > character. Is this implemented yet?
        >
        > I ask because I have templates that all of my players have taken
        which
        > grant innate spells, and I wanted to convert my template to the new
        > innate spell list format once it was implemented and showed up on
        the
        > csheet-rog.fo template
        >
        > Extra spellbooks just started showing up, so now seems to be a good
        > time, assuming I can find an example to copy from.
        >
        > Scott
      • Scott Ellsworth
        Message 3 of 6 , May 31, 2002
          On Friday, May 31, 2002, at 05:16 PM, merton_monk wrote:

          > Yes - innate spells are implemented. I believe only the PHB races have
          > them. Tir and our other data people will be addressing all the MM
          > races, though I'm not sure how long it will take to complete that. I
          > doubt they've gotten to the FR races, so if you wanted to see how it's
          > been done in the PHB files (SPELL: tag) and address it yourself, we
          > don't mind more hands doing the work. :)

          I gave it a try, with the following line in realmstemplates.lst, and got
          the error "Illegal template realmstemplates.lst line 89 SPELL:Dancing
          Lights|1|Innate|Ghost
          Sound|1|Innate|Prestidigitation|1|Innate[PRESTAT:INT=10]

          Is the Spell tag implemented for templates? They needed to go the
          template route for FR, as many racial abilities are regional, and they
          implemented regional variation with templates.

          The full line is:

          "Gnome (Rock) VISIBLE:No SOURCEPAGE:
          p.16, PHb p.17 SA:+1 to hit kobolds/goblinoids SA:+4 dodge vs
          giants SA:Speak with Burrowing Animals 1/day SA:If Intelligence>9 can
          cast dancing lights, ghost sound, prestidigitation 1/day SA:save +2 vs illusions
          SPELL:Dancing Lights|1|Innate|Ghost
          Sound|1|Innate|Prestidigitation|1|Innate[PRESTAT:INT=10] SPELL:Speak with
          Animals|1|Innate PRERACE:Gnome (F.Realms)
          BONUS:
          SKILL|Listen,Alchemy|2 LANGAUTO:Common LANGBONUS:Chondathan,
          Goblin SUBRACE:
          Rock VISION:2,Low-light"
        • merton_monk
          Message 4 of 6 , May 31, 2002
            SPELL: only works in race.lst at the moment, though I will be adding
            it to template.lst in the near future. p.s. I just updated the
            documentation with my notes on SPELL:, KNOWNSPELLS: and a little more
            verbage on .MOD. I'm also in the process of cutting out redundant
            screen-captures in an attempt to get the zip-file size down so it's
            not so painful for dialup users....

            -Bryan

            --- In pcgen@y..., Scott Ellsworth <scott@a...> wrote:

            > On Friday, May 31, 2002, at 05:16 PM, merton_monk wrote:
            >
            > > Yes - innate spells are implemented. I believe only the PHB
            races have
            > > them. Tir and our other data people will be addressing all the
            MM
            > > races, though I'm not sure how long it will take to complete
            that. I
            > > doubt they've gotten to the FR races, so if you wanted to see how
            it's
            > > been done in the PHB files (SPELL: tag) and address it yourself,
            we
            > > don't mind more hands doing the work. :)
            >
            > I gave it a try, with the following line in realmstemplates.lst,
            and got
            > the error "Illegal template realmstemplates.lst line 89
            SPELL:Dancing
            > Lights|1|Innate|Ghost
            > Sound|1|Innate|Prestidigitation|1|Innate[PRESTAT:INT=10]
            >
            > Is the Spell tag implemented for templates? They needed to go the
            > template route for FR, as many racial abilities are regional, and
            they
            > implemented regional variation with templates.
            >
            > The full line is:
            >
            > "Gnome (Rock)
            VISIBLE:No

            SOURCEPAGE:
            > p.16, PHb p.17 SA:+1 to hit kobolds/goblinoids SA:+4
            dodge vs
            > giants SA:Speak with Burrowing Animals 1/day SA:If
            Intelligence>9 can
            > cast dancing lights, ghost sound, prestidigitation 1/day
            SA:save +2 vs illusions
            > SPELL:Dancing Lights|1|Innate|Ghost
            > Sound|1|Innate|Prestidigitation|1|Innate[PRESTAT:INT=10]
            SPELL:Speak with
            > Animals|1|Innate

            PRERACE:Gnome (F.Realms)

            BONUS:
            > SKILL|Listen,Alchemy|2

            LANGAUTO:Common LANGBONUS:Chondathan,
            > Goblin

            SUBRACE:
            > Rock VISION:2,Low-light"
          • Scott Ellsworth
            Message 5 of 6 , May 31, 2002
              On Friday, May 31, 2002, at 06:22 PM, merton_monk wrote:

              > SPELL: only works in race.lst at the moment, though I will be adding it
              > to template.lst in the near future.

              Aha! Makes sense to me. This also means that I will be unable to get
              my "half badass" template (modelled on angry half celestial) until then.

              No rush - it currently works fine as a series of special abilities.

              Scott
            • Tir Gwaith
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 1, 2002
                Actually, the MM got done before the PHb.... Only the MM and PHb have them
                right now:

                Form is

                SPELL:Name1|num1|Type1|Name2|num2|Type2|...|[PRExxx]

                Name is name of spell
                num in num times/day
                type is normally Innate. I've also made Whip for Kuotoa, Covey for Hags,
                etc.

                And only in the Race.lst. I think for full functionality of the subraces in
                FR. you would need the SPELL tag in template.lst (FReq 556534 SPELL tag in
                Template as well as Race )

                Tir Gwaith
                LST Chimp
                MM Race Dragon