Re: LANGAUTO.CLEAR not working in .MOD of a race

  • cyberfunkr
    Message 1 of 50 , May 31, 2002
      Since it's a 'load timing' problem, could we make loading a two-step
      process? Whether by physical file, or by internal processing could
      PCGen be changed to first load and process standard tags, then load
      and process .MOD tags?

      That seems a more eligant and long term solution than testing every
      single tag, in all the .lst files. Then you'd have to worry about it
      every time someone added a tag or created a new type of .lst file.

      But then again, since I don't know how you folks parse through this
      stuff, it may be unrealistic to process some and hold others until
      later.

      /Cyberfunkr

      --- In pcgen@y..., Emily Smirle <smirle4498@r...> wrote:
      > Rob Bowell wrote:
      >
      > > Anyway, if this is that problem, what's the next step?
      >
      > I'm assuming by "that problem" you mean the suddenly mushrooming
      reports
      > of .MODs being very sensitive to load order. If this is indeed the
      case
      > then the next step is that a codemonkey who understands both the
      source

      > I vote Merton, as .MOD is his baby and I'm not aware of anyone who
      is as
      > familiar with both sections. :)
      >
      > --
      > "Beer is the mind-killer. Beer is the little death that brings total
      > oblivion. I will face my beer. I will permit it to pass over me
      and
      > through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to
      > see it's path. When the beer has gone there will be nothing.
      > Only I will remain." - www.goats.com
    • Tir Gwaith
      Message 50 of 50 , Jun 1, 2002
        Second that Motion.... Bye bye to all required tags? What is it going to
        take to get this installed? I'll put in the no sleep to change the lst
        files although I know Space Monkey's scripts will do the huge chunk of it.

        Tir Gwaith
        LST Chimp
        MM Race Dragon