Re: Error Report: Adding Template.

  • einar_ragnarsson
    Message 1 of 7 , May 31 10:39 AM
      Okay, I reversed the order... The problem seems to be in the "Large Creature, Dragon Wings" selection. I'll go over to the sourceforge site later, but honestly, I get quicker response from the PCGen folks, here...

      Einar Ragnarsson

      > If I were a doctor I would say, "Don't Do That"! ;)
      >
      > Definitely sounds like a bug - could you submit that at our
      > sourceforge site? It would be interesting to know if you select
      > Minotaur and then "Large Creature, Dragon Wings" if it locks up
      > (reversing the order of the templates, though maybe one requires the
      > other...), and try these 2 templates with a different race. There
      > seems to be an infinite loop somewhere, and the more details we have
      > the quicker we can isolate in which section of the code the loop is
      > most likely occuring. :)
      >
      > -Bryan
    • arknath1
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 2, 2002
        Was there an FREQ for this ever created? One of my players is runnin
        into this problem too....seems to be a popular item

        Ark
        Feat Tang
        LST Grape Ape

        --- In pcgen@y..., "einar_ragnarsson" <hildulf@y...> wrote:
        > Okay, I reversed the order... The problem seems to be in the "Large
        Creature, Dragon Wings" selection. I'll go over to the sourceforge
        site later, but honestly, I get quicker response from the PCGen
        folks, here...

        > Einar Ragnarsson
        >

        > --- In pcgen@y..., "merton_monk" <merton_monk@y...> wrote:
        > > If I were a doctor I would say, "Don't Do That"! ;)
        > >
        > > Definitely sounds like a bug - could you submit that at our
        > > sourceforge site? It would be interesting to know if you select
        > > Minotaur and then "Large Creature, Dragon Wings" if it locks up
        > > (reversing the order of the templates, though maybe one requires
        the
        > > other...), and try these 2 templates with a different race.
        There
        > > seems to be an infinite loop somewhere, and the more details we
        have
        > > the quicker we can isolate in which section of the code the loop
        is
        > > most likely occuring. :)
        > >
        > > -Bryan
      • Tir Gwaith
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 2, 2002
          Somehow missed that...
          Actually the Subtemplate is called "Dragon Wings (Large or larger creature)"
          (w/o the quotes).
          An simple VISIBLE:No, and SA:Dragon Wings, along with MOVECLONE

          Something in MOVECLONE? Trying to copy the Walk over to Fly... So it went
          MOVECLONE:Walk,0,Fly,0

          It worked fine before we put it in for release. I know I tested it on Large
          and Medium creatures (not that it test for it).
          Very weird.. Anything change codewise?

          Tir Gwaith
          LST Chimp
          MM Race Dragon
          > > Okay... with every release of PCGen, I always check to see if I can
          > make my weird NPC... He's a Half Silver Dragon Minotaur.
          > > I select Minotaur with no problem.
          > > I select the Half Dragon template. No problem.
          > > I select the "Large Creature, Dragon Wings", and PCGen locks up...
          > I opened the Debug Console and even THAT locked up, or I'd post the
          > Debug code... I have a Thunderbird 800 with 256 megs of ram, and I've
          > left it for 30 minutes to see if it was just running slowly, and it
          > remains locked... Any ideas?
          >
          > If I were a doctor I would say, "Don't Do That"! ;)
          >
          > Definitely sounds like a bug - could you submit that at our
          > sourceforge site? It would be interesting to know if you select
          > Minotaur and then "Large Creature, Dragon Wings" if it locks up
          > (reversing the order of the templates, though maybe one requires the
          > other...), and try these 2 templates with a different race. There
          > seems to be an infinite loop somewhere, and the more details we have
          > the quicker we can isolate in which section of the code the loop is
          > most likely occuring. :)
          >
          > -Bryan
          >

          > > Einar Ragnarsson

        • syndaryl
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 3, 2002
            --- In pcgen@y..., "einar_ragnarsson" <hildulf@y...> wrote:
            > Okay, I reversed the order... The problem seems to be in the "Large
            > Creature, Dragon Wings" selection. I'll go over to the sourceforge
            > site later, but honestly, I get quicker response from the PCGen
            > folks, here...

            Just to add some fuel to the fire...

            I'm getting the same symptoms, but it locks up when I *close* the
            Chooser window. It affects any race I apply it to, as well. The Half-
            Fiend's fiendish wings template does not cause the problem. Possibly
            a difference in the LST entries is bringing out a bug?
          • gsbingl
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 3, 2002