Some Star Wars update notes

  • Prince_Nanaki
    Message 1 of 8 , May 29, 2002
      just some minor things i noticed when beginning to toy with
      conversions

      The random weight has changed, and i was wondering how pcgen is going
      to interpret the new version, or if it really matters :)

      anyhow, back to getting the big list of classes from wotc's web
      site...they listed all the race stats to make commoners out
      of...which i think might be useful
      ~D~
    • emperorfranz
      Message 2 of 8 , May 30, 2002
        Keep everything in kg and cm just like the rulebook. PCgen will
        handle this mostly correct and I have a FREQ I meant to submit to get
        encumberance to be handled correctly. On my way to sourceforge...

        Hugo

        --- In pcgen@y..., "Prince_Nanaki" <phoenix_mage@h...> wrote:
        > just some minor things i noticed when beginning to toy with
        > conversions
        >
        > The random weight has changed, and i was wondering how pcgen is
        going
        > to interpret the new version, or if it really matters :)
        >
        > anyhow, back to getting the big list of classes from wotc's web
        > site...they listed all the race stats to make commoners out
        > of...which i think might be useful
        > ~D~
      • Prince_Nanaki
        Message 3 of 8 , May 30, 2002
          to give direct examples...

          Human Male Weight
          Old Core Rule Book
          Base = 55
          Modifier x(1d8+1)

          Revised Core Rule Book
          Base = 55
          Modifer +(2d4x10)

          that was the difference i was refering too :)

          the min for the old core rule book was 55 times 2 or 110 the max was
          like 435
          the new min is 75, with a max of 135
          ~D~
        • emperorfranz
          Message 4 of 8 , May 30, 2002
            Considering that 435kg works out to be close to 1000lbs for a human I
            would say the old rules needed tweeking. ;)

            Later,
            Hugo

            --- In pcgen@y..., "Prince_Nanaki" <phoenix_mage@h...> wrote:
            > to give direct examples...
            >
            > Human Male Weight
            > Old Core Rule Book
            > Base = 55
            > Modifier x(1d8+1)
            >
            > Revised Core Rule Book
            > Base = 55
            > Modifer +(2d4x10)
            >

            > that was the difference i was refering too :)
            >
            > the min for the old core rule book was 55 times 2 or 110 the max
            was
            > like 435
            > the new min is 75, with a max of 135
            > ~D~
          • Timothy J. Lanza
            Message 5 of 8 , May 30, 2002
              At 12:26 AM 5/31/2002, "emperorfranz" <emperorfranz@...> wrote:
              >Considering that 435kg works out to be close to 1000lbs for a human I
              >would say the old rules needed tweeking. ;)
              >
              >Later,
              >Hugo
              >
              >--- In pcgen@y..., "Prince_Nanaki" <phoenix_mage@h...> wrote:
              > > to give direct examples...
              > >
              > > Human Male Weight
              > > Old Core Rule Book
              > > Base = 55
              > > Modifier x(1d8+1)
              > >
              > > Revised Core Rule Book
              > > Base = 55
              > > Modifer +(2d4x10)
              > >

              > > that was the difference i was refering too :)
              > >
              > > the min for the old core rule book was 55 times 2 or 110 the max
              > > was like 435
              > > the new min is 75, with a max of 135
              > > ~D~

              You were never supposed to multiply the base weight by that modifier. You
              were supposed to multiply the height /roll/ by the weight /roll/ and add
              that product to the base weight. That way, height had an effect on weight.

              --
              Timothy J. Lanza
            • Prince_Nanaki
              Message 6 of 8 , May 30, 2002
                I know that, they expected you to multipy the base weight by the
                weight modifier...as it is in all the other books, even the PHB,
                mulitiplies the weight modifer(i checked there first, which since the
                big three core rules are the basis of SWd20)...so i was wondering if
                it was a typo across the board(i will check the updated phb with i
                get to work to see if its add, not mulitply...and that change is
                really my question...does pcgem add or multiply? :)

                ~D~
              • Dan Young
                Message 7 of 8 , May 31, 2002
                  In the PHB, the weight roll is used to multiply the height roll, and the
                  product is then added to weight.

                  So:

                  Height = base height + height roll
                  Weight = base weight + (weight roll * height roll)

                  I imagine Star Wars uses something similar, or did last edition. Haven't
                  looked at that part of the new edition, yet.

                  Dan

                  > I know that, they expected you to multipy the base weight by the
                  > weight modifier...as it is in all the other books, even the PHB,
                  > mulitiplies the weight modifer(i checked there first, which since the
                  > big three core rules are the basis of SWd20)...so i was wondering if
                  > it was a typo across the board(i will check the updated phb with i
                  > get to work to see if its add, not mulitply...and that change is
                  > really my question...does pcgem add or multiply? :)
                  >
                  > ~D~

                • Prince_Nanaki
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 1, 2002
                    ok...so maybe reading would help :)

                    i did read through the old rules...where you take one number...and
                    toy with it twice...

                    in the new revised rules...you do two seperat dice rolls and
                    manipulate them seperatly...and they never see each other...

                    so will pcgen support this? or should i just ignore it for now...not
                    that it matters to much really, as someone else is doing the revised
                    races...i was just curious so i could do them for my current campagin

                    ~D~