Re: Is the source available?

  • rasyr@bellsouth.net
    Message 1 of 40 , Apr 2, 2001
      --- In pcgen@y..., Marc Brooks <marcwbrooks@y...> wrote:
      > Hi all - I was wondering if the source was available for download?
      I'm
      > happy to help out with testing the code out on UNIX platforms and
      making
      > sure that it works with Sun's JDK.

      Unfortunately, for all of us would be programmers, and helpful
      developers, Bryan has decided not to share out the code.

      Also, as of right now, the program is being written in J++, so is
      unlikely to work properly on Unix. On the other hand, Bryan is
      planning on porting it all to pure Java at some point in the near
      future, so while he may not share out the code, it is possible that
      he may take you up on the offer for testing it on Unix once he
      reaches that stage. But, I am not Bryan, so I am only speculating
      here...... :)

      *TANSTAAFL*

      Tim
    • Arcady
      Message 40 of 40 , Apr 5, 2001
        Actually there was also a feature request I sent in yesterday
        to let you put a weapon type in the diety list's weapon
        rather than a specific weapon.

        So that a diety could having 'SLASHING' listed and when a
        character was made with that diety and the war domain it
        would pop up a choose menu with all weapons in PCGen's
        currently loaded database that were of the type 'SLASHING'.

        This could also list more than one type...

        like listing all SLASHING and all RANGED.

        or only weapons that match multiple types:

        both SLASHING and EXOTIC.

        I don't know how PCGen sees it's database though...

        If it's using a relational table structure like SQL or just a
        hard list of data...

        http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/