Problems

  • zaknafein9
    Message 1 of 5 , May 28, 2002
      Ah I am having a problem. I cannot type in any of the lines where I
      normally have been able to in the past. Plus How are things going on
      the weird wars front? Anybody doing a rework of the star wars files,
      if so when will they be ready. Hope to hear back soon. Also I am just
      a user and not a programmer for Java so I cannot help out.

      Michael Wright
    • Kevin Brown
      Message 2 of 5 , May 28, 2002
        I'm currently working on the new classes and feats. Don't have an ETA as I
        spend most of my day looking for a real job. I have, so far, completed a rough
        redo of the Core PC classes and have begun to work on the NPC classes and PrC.

        zaknafein9 wrote:

        > Ah I am having a problem. I cannot type in any of the lines where I
        > normally have been able to in the past. Plus How are things going on
        > the weird wars front? Anybody doing a rework of the star wars files,
        > if so when will they be ready. Hope to hear back soon. Also I am just
        > a user and not a programmer for Java so I cannot help out.
        >
        > Michael Wright

      • Telaras Keniliath
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 28, 2008
          Hi... Just Dl'ed PCgen, 5.14.1... the 'download for windows' button
          off the PCgen website. and got a few comments/questions.

          First and foremost, I'm trying to create a DND 3.5 character, but none
          of the 'normal' sourcebooks, like the PHB, or any of those, are among
          the sources. At least that I can tell. IS there some separate DL that
          I have to do for those?

          Managed to install it allright, but now, whenever I run it, ('high or
          low' mode) it takes like 5 minutes to open, and when I close it, it
          completely crashes my comp, causing me to have to restart. is there a
          way, to say, not crash whenever I want to run the program?
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 28, 2008
            Hi Telaras,

            ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
            ~ Unique Title "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

            Telaras Keniliath wrote:
            > Hi... Just Dl'ed PCgen, 5.14.1... the 'download for windows' button
            > off the PCgen website. and got a few comments/questions.
            >
            > First and foremost, I'm trying to create a DND 3.5 character, but none
            > of the 'normal' sourcebooks, like the PHB, or any of those, are among
            > the sources. At least that I can tell. IS there some separate DL that
            > I have to do for those?

            No, PCGen uses the srd, rsrd and msrd core rules...

            What you want is to look at left pane, see anything like say rsrd? Well
            open that on up, you can choose the 'complete' which includes the PHB,
            MM, DMG, plus Epic and Psionics.

            Or you can go with the basics and omit whatever you want. Just load and
            then create a new character.
            > Managed to install it allright, but now, whenever I run it, ('high or
            > low' mode) it takes like 5 minutes to open, and when I close it, it
            > completely crashes my comp, causing me to have to restart. is there a
            > way, to say, not crash whenever I want to run the program?

            Now, that is interesting. I've never heard of it crashing a system before.

            We know you are loading PCGen 5.14.1, but what java version are you using?
            What system? (Windows? XP, Vista; Linux, OSX?)
            Do you have enough RAM to load the program? 256mg, 512mg, 1gb?

            Is there any error messages?

          • Michael W. Fender
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 28, 2008
              On Wednesday 29 October 2008 12:02:57 am Andrew Maitland wrote:
              > Hi Telaras,
              >

              > ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
              > ~ Unique Title "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"
              >
              > Telaras Keniliath wrote:
              > > Hi... Just Dl'ed PCgen, 5.14.1... the 'download for windows' button
              > > off the PCgen website. and got a few comments/questions.
              > >
              > > First and foremost, I'm trying to create a DND 3.5 character, but none
              > > of the 'normal' sourcebooks, like the PHB, or any of those, are among
              > > the sources. At least that I can tell. IS there some separate DL that
              > > I have to do for those?
              >
              > No, PCGen uses the srd, rsrd and msrd core rules...
              >
              > What you want is to look at left pane, see anything like say rsrd? Well
              > open that on up, you can choose the 'complete' which includes the PHB,
              > MM, DMG, plus Epic and Psionics.
              >
              > Or you can go with the basics and omit whatever you want. Just load and
              > then create a new character.

              A little more advice to go with this: For most of your characters, along with
              magic items and prestige classes, look for 3.5 RSRD Basics and 3.5 RSRD
              Advanced and load those. Then you can make your Arcane Archer with a +2
              Longbow ;)

              --
              Fluxxdog

              think.