Re: Ranger feats

  • Al Adams
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 2 1:30 PM
      I did not know they had any special restrictions. What are they?

      Al

      It's very possible that a Ranger would
      > want to spend a Feat on Ambidexterity or Two-Weapon Fighting so
      they
      > can use them without the special restrictions.
      >
      > -Bryan
    • Marc Brooks
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 2 1:46 PM
        If I remember correctly, a ranger can't use the feats if they are wearing
        armor heavier than studded leather.

        Marc
        --- Al Adams <phyloah@...> wrote:
        > I did not know they had any special restrictions. What are they?
        >

        > Al
        >
        > It's very possible that a Ranger would
        > > want to spend a Feat on Ambidexterity or Two-Weapon Fighting so
        > they
        > > can use them without the special restrictions.
        > >
        > > -Bryan

      • Franco, Matthew E
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 2 1:48 PM
          actually it is any armor that is classified as heavy armor

          --- Al Adams <phyloah@...> wrote:
          > I did not know they had any special restrictions. What are they?
          >

          > Al
          >
          > It's very possible that a Ranger would
          > > want to spend a Feat on Ambidexterity or Two-Weapon Fighting so
          > they
          > > can use them without the special restrictions.
          > >
          > > -Bryan

        • Al Adams
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 2 2:04 PM
            Ok, I remember now. So, how do I get the weapons to tie into each
            other and show the appropriate modifiers to hit. Right now it doesn't
            even let me equip the second weapon.

            Al

            > actually it is any armor that is classified as heavy armor
            >

            > If I remember correctly, a ranger can't use the feats if they are
            wearing
            > armor heavier than studded leather.
            >
            > Marc
          • Robert Hilson
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 2 2:09 PM
              you gain the feats in light or no armor, and not using a double weapon. and
              loose it if you vilolate one of those.

              =====
              Robert Hilson
              https://secure.paypal.com/affil/pal=okuth0r%40yahoo.com

            • Al Adams
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 2 2:25 PM
                It is apparently working, except for these. It won't let me equip the
                shortsword. If a buckler is equipted and when two swords are
                equipted, it shows a second attack on the second weapon, which should
                never get a second attack for the off-hand weapon.

                Al

              • mocha@mcs.net
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 2 8:20 PM
                  In the Items tab - select 1 weapon and mark it equipped and put it in
                  either your Primary or Off-Hand (default is None). Put your other
                  weapon in the other hand. This isn't the most intuitive way of doing
                  things - I'm planning on improving this in the converted version of PCGen.

                  -Bryan