Re: Ranger feats

  • mocha@mcs.net
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 2, 2001
      Right - they're 'virtual' feats, meaning they can use 'em to get
      other feats that have them as pre-requisites, and (under the right
      circumstances) take advantage of them - but they don't actually have
      them under any circumstance. It's very possible that a Ranger would
      want to spend a Feat on Ambidexterity or Two-Weapon Fighting so they
      can use them without the special restrictions.

      -Bryan

      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 2, 2001
        I did not know they had any special restrictions. What are they?

        Al

        It's very possible that a Ranger would
        > want to spend a Feat on Ambidexterity or Two-Weapon Fighting so
        they
        > can use them without the special restrictions.
        >
        > -Bryan
      • Marc Brooks
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 2, 2001
          If I remember correctly, a ranger can't use the feats if they are wearing
          armor heavier than studded leather.

          Marc
          --- Al Adams <phyloah@...> wrote:
          > I did not know they had any special restrictions. What are they?
          >

          > Al
          >
          > It's very possible that a Ranger would
          > > want to spend a Feat on Ambidexterity or Two-Weapon Fighting so
          > they
          > > can use them without the special restrictions.
          > >
          > > -Bryan

        • Franco, Matthew E
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 2, 2001
            actually it is any armor that is classified as heavy armor

            --- Al Adams <phyloah@...> wrote:
            > I did not know they had any special restrictions. What are they?
            >

            > Al
            >
            > It's very possible that a Ranger would
            > > want to spend a Feat on Ambidexterity or Two-Weapon Fighting so
            > they
            > > can use them without the special restrictions.
            > >
            > > -Bryan

          • Al Adams
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 2, 2001
              Ok, I remember now. So, how do I get the weapons to tie into each
              other and show the appropriate modifiers to hit. Right now it doesn't
              even let me equip the second weapon.

              Al

              > actually it is any armor that is classified as heavy armor
              >

              > If I remember correctly, a ranger can't use the feats if they are
              wearing
              > armor heavier than studded leather.
              >
              > Marc
            • Robert Hilson
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 2, 2001
                you gain the feats in light or no armor, and not using a double weapon. and
                loose it if you vilolate one of those.

                =====
                Robert Hilson
                https://secure.paypal.com/affil/pal=okuth0r%40yahoo.com

              • Al Adams
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 2, 2001
                  It is apparently working, except for these. It won't let me equip the
                  shortsword. If a buckler is equipted and when two swords are
                  equipted, it shows a second attack on the second weapon, which should
                  never get a second attack for the off-hand weapon.

                  Al

                • mocha@mcs.net
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 2, 2001
                    In the Items tab - select 1 weapon and mark it equipped and put it in
                    either your Primary or Off-Hand (default is None). Put your other
                    weapon in the other hand. This isn't the most intuitive way of doing
                    things - I'm planning on improving this in the converted version of PCGen.

                    -Bryan