Re: [pcgen] Ranger feats

  • Damian
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 2, 2001
      why?  they don't get them, they just act as if they have them.
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 2, 2001
        Right - they're 'virtual' feats, meaning they can use 'em to get
        other feats that have them as pre-requisites, and (under the right
        circumstances) take advantage of them - but they don't actually have
        them under any circumstance. It's very possible that a Ranger would
        want to spend a Feat on Ambidexterity or Two-Weapon Fighting so they
        can use them without the special restrictions.

        -Bryan

        > why? they don't get them, they just act as if they have them.

        Service.
      • Al Adams
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 2, 2001
          I did not know they had any special restrictions. What are they?

          Al

          It's very possible that a Ranger would
          > want to spend a Feat on Ambidexterity or Two-Weapon Fighting so
          they
          > can use them without the special restrictions.
          >
          > -Bryan
        • Marc Brooks
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 2, 2001
            If I remember correctly, a ranger can't use the feats if they are wearing
            armor heavier than studded leather.

            Marc
            --- Al Adams <phyloah@...> wrote:
            > I did not know they had any special restrictions. What are they?
            >

            > Al
            >
            > It's very possible that a Ranger would
            > > want to spend a Feat on Ambidexterity or Two-Weapon Fighting so
            > they
            > > can use them without the special restrictions.
            > >
            > > -Bryan

          • Franco, Matthew E
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 2, 2001
              actually it is any armor that is classified as heavy armor

              --- Al Adams <phyloah@...> wrote:
              > I did not know they had any special restrictions. What are they?
              >

              > Al
              >
              > It's very possible that a Ranger would
              > > want to spend a Feat on Ambidexterity or Two-Weapon Fighting so
              > they
              > > can use them without the special restrictions.
              > >
              > > -Bryan

            • Al Adams
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 2, 2001
                Ok, I remember now. So, how do I get the weapons to tie into each
                other and show the appropriate modifiers to hit. Right now it doesn't
                even let me equip the second weapon.

                Al

                > actually it is any armor that is classified as heavy armor
                >

                > If I remember correctly, a ranger can't use the feats if they are
                wearing
                > armor heavier than studded leather.
                >
                > Marc
              • Robert Hilson
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 2, 2001
                  you gain the feats in light or no armor, and not using a double weapon. and
                  loose it if you vilolate one of those.

                  =====
                  Robert Hilson
                  https://secure.paypal.com/affil/pal=okuth0r%40yahoo.com

                • Al Adams
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 2, 2001
                    It is apparently working, except for these. It won't let me equip the
                    shortsword. If a buckler is equipted and when two swords are
                    equipted, it shows a second attack on the second weapon, which should
                    never get a second attack for the off-hand weapon.

                    Al

                  • mocha@mcs.net
                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 2, 2001
                      In the Items tab - select 1 weapon and mark it equipped and put it in
                      either your Primary or Off-Hand (default is None). Put your other
                      weapon in the other hand. This isn't the most intuitive way of doing
                      things - I'm planning on improving this in the converted version of PCGen.

                      -Bryan