Ranger feats

  • Al Adams
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 2, 2001
      I was wondering if their is a way to get the ambidexterity and two-
      weapon fighting feats to select automatically for the ranger.

      Thanks
      Al Adams
    • Damian
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 2, 2001
        why?  they don't get them, they just act as if they have them.
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 2, 2001
          Right - they're 'virtual' feats, meaning they can use 'em to get
          other feats that have them as pre-requisites, and (under the right
          circumstances) take advantage of them - but they don't actually have
          them under any circumstance. It's very possible that a Ranger would
          want to spend a Feat on Ambidexterity or Two-Weapon Fighting so they
          can use them without the special restrictions.

          -Bryan

          > why? they don't get them, they just act as if they have them.

          Service.
        • Al Adams
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 2, 2001
            I did not know they had any special restrictions. What are they?

            Al

            It's very possible that a Ranger would
            > want to spend a Feat on Ambidexterity or Two-Weapon Fighting so
            they
            > can use them without the special restrictions.
            >
            > -Bryan
          • Marc Brooks
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 2, 2001
              If I remember correctly, a ranger can't use the feats if they are wearing
              armor heavier than studded leather.

              Marc
              --- Al Adams <phyloah@...> wrote:
              > I did not know they had any special restrictions. What are they?
              >

              > Al
              >
              > It's very possible that a Ranger would
              > > want to spend a Feat on Ambidexterity or Two-Weapon Fighting so
              > they
              > > can use them without the special restrictions.
              > >
              > > -Bryan

            • Franco, Matthew E
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 2, 2001
                actually it is any armor that is classified as heavy armor

                --- Al Adams <phyloah@...> wrote:
                > I did not know they had any special restrictions. What are they?
                >

                > Al
                >
                > It's very possible that a Ranger would
                > > want to spend a Feat on Ambidexterity or Two-Weapon Fighting so
                > they
                > > can use them without the special restrictions.
                > >
                > > -Bryan

              • Al Adams
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 2, 2001
                  Ok, I remember now. So, how do I get the weapons to tie into each
                  other and show the appropriate modifiers to hit. Right now it doesn't
                  even let me equip the second weapon.

                  Al

                  > actually it is any armor that is classified as heavy armor
                  >

                  > If I remember correctly, a ranger can't use the feats if they are
                  wearing
                  > armor heavier than studded leather.
                  >
                  > Marc
                • Robert Hilson
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 2, 2001
                    you gain the feats in light or no armor, and not using a double weapon. and
                    loose it if you vilolate one of those.

                    =====
                    Robert Hilson
                    https://secure.paypal.com/affil/pal=okuth0r%40yahoo.com

                  • Al Adams
                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 2, 2001
                      It is apparently working, except for these. It won't let me equip the
                      shortsword. If a buckler is equipted and when two swords are
                      equipted, it shows a second attack on the second weapon, which should
                      never get a second attack for the off-hand weapon.

                      Al

                    • mocha@mcs.net
                      Message 10 of 10 , Apr 2, 2001
                        In the Items tab - select 1 weapon and mark it equipped and put it in
                        either your Primary or Off-Hand (default is None). Put your other
                        weapon in the other hand. This isn't the most intuitive way of doing
                        things - I'm planning on improving this in the converted version of PCGen.

                        -Bryan