Equipping tab and Katana

  • John Rudd
    Message 1 of 5 , May 25, 2002
      The equipping tab wont let me combine the Katana and Wakazashi in a two
      weapon combo. It gives me the "primary", "secondary" and "carried (not
      equipped)" options for the Wakazashi, but not for the Katana. For the
      Katana, the only options are "both hands" or "carried (not equipped)". Yet,
      I do have the exotic weapon feat for using a katana one handed.

      I think it's not taking the katana/bastard sword 1-h exotic weapon prof.
      feat into account.
    • miskatonic_nick
      Message 2 of 5 , May 30, 2002
        --- In pcgen@y..., John Rudd <user@d...> wrote:

        > The equipping tab wont let me combine the Katana
        > and Wakazashi in a two weapon combo. It gives me
        > the "primary", "secondary" and "carried (not
        > equipped)" options for the Wakazashi, but not for
        > the Katana. For the Katana, the only options are
        > "both hands" or "carried (not equipped)". Yet,
        > I do have the exotic weapon feat for using a
        > katana one handed.
        >
        > I think it's not taking the katana/bastard sword
        > 1-h exotic weapon prof. feat into account.

        Getting similar problems with the Sunblade +2 Bastard Sword; the
        Inventory tab insists that it's a 2-hander despite my Bastard Sword
        Exotic Weapon Feat... and while I have the primary hand option for
        it in the Equipping tab, when I try viewing in a browser I get the
        message that it's a 2handed or nothing weapon again...

        ...yet everything works with any other flavour of bastard sword.
      • thornbep
        Message 3 of 5 , May 30, 2002
          I thought this would have been resolved at the same time as the
          Bastard Sword (2.6.4).

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 1, 2002
            Nope... was still there in 2.6.4 and carried over to .5
            Bastard swords (magical) are fine to equip 1-handed with the
            necessary prof. but not Sunblades :(
            I'm guessing Sunblade (Bastard sword) is a separate entry in the
            database somewhere and so got overlooked during the tweaking?

            --- In pcgen@y..., "thornbep" <pthornberry@c...> wrote:
            > I thought this would have been resolved at the same time as the
            > Bastard Sword (2.6.4).
            >
            > --- In pcgen@y..., "miskatonic_nick" <nick@m...> wrote:
            > > --- In pcgen@y..., John Rudd <user@d...> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > The equipping tab wont let me combine the Katana
            > > > and Wakazashi in a two weapon combo. It gives me
            > > > the "primary", "secondary" and "carried (not
            > > > equipped)" options for the Wakazashi, but not for
            > > > the Katana. For the Katana, the only options are
            > > > "both hands" or "carried (not equipped)". Yet,
            > > > I do have the exotic weapon feat for using a
            > > > katana one handed.
            > > >
            > > > I think it's not taking the katana/bastard sword
            > > > 1-h exotic weapon prof. feat into account.
            > >
            > > Getting similar problems with the Sunblade +2 Bastard Sword; the
            > > Inventory tab insists that it's a 2-hander despite my Bastard
            > Sword
            > > Exotic Weapon Feat... and while I have the primary hand option
            for
            > > it in the Equipping tab, when I try viewing in a browser I get
            the
            > > message that it's a 2handed or nothing weapon again...
            > >
            > > ...yet everything works with any other flavour of bastard sword.
          • Eric Beaudoin
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 1, 2002
              At 14:42 2002.06.01, miskatonic_nick wrote:
              >Nope... was still there in 2.6.4 and carried over to .5
              >Bastard swords (magical) are fine to equip 1-handed with the
              >necessary prof. but not Sunblades :(
              >I'm guessing Sunblade (Bastard sword) is a separate entry in the
              >database somewhere and so got overlooked during the tweaking?

              Entre a bug report for it at <http://sourceforge.net/projects/pcgendm/>. It will get fixed.

              Éric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin
              <mailto:beaudoer@...>