Requests/bugs

  • thoron-tir-gwaith@lycos.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2001
      Ok, I'm kinda new here, so some of this stuff may be on a message
      before. I haven't seen it, but I haven't ready 100% of everything.

      1) Feats don't sort, although the program says they will. Besides
      the "have/don't have" I'd like a way to sort them by "meet
      requirements/don't" instead of just an astrix. That way I'm not
      scrolling down through a bunch of stuff. That or perhaps by type
      would help (General/item creation/psionic/metamagic/etc).

      2) Item sorts. I like the added breakdowns of the new version (I
      just went from 3/27 to 3/31). I'd like Artisans tools to be a
      different tab if possible. Is there a way to adjust the sort tool in
      the .lst/.pcc files? I've MUD zone coded before, and it doesn't seem
      to be there, and I haven't seen it in the Readme doc. Not a bid
      deal, I'll prob. get to know which sorter to use for different items
      in the next day or so.

      3) Purchasing items: I seem to end up with weird repeating decimals
      on the Gold left indicator. Sure I experiment and document where I
      find the problems, or is this already known?

      4) When I add a level of Cleric, it adds a "Domain" as a class for
      skill points, although it gives no skill points to the class.
      Slightly troublesome, but ignorable. When All cleric levels are
      removed, it still leaves the domain as a "class" from which to spend
      skill points. Again, troublesome, but ignorable.

      5) Skills. I like the ability to sort by cost (Class/CC/Exlusive).
      I just doesn't leave the skills in an nice pattern afterwords. A
      sort by name after buy cost (or other sort) would be nice. It's nice
      to have all the Craft skills in the same place. The only way to
      insure that now is to only load one campaign (Ok, so I haven't gotten
      around to creating my own Campaigns .pcc and .lst's) or always have
      it sorted by name.

      Thanks for the great program!

      Andrew
      Thoron-tir-Gwaith
    • Damian
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2001
        1) Feats don't sort, although the program says they will.  Besides
        the "have/don't have"  I'd like a way to sort them by "meet
        requirements/don't" instead of just an astrix.  That way I'm not
        scrolling down through a bunch of stuff.  That or perhaps by type
        would help (General/item creation/psionic/metamagic/etc).
        Hmmm, maybe a "Views" pulldown like Outlook has?

      • mocha@mcs.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 2, 2001
          --- In pcgen@y..., thoron-tir-gwaith@l... wrote:
          > Ok, I'm kinda new here, so some of this stuff may be on a message
          > before. I haven't seen it, but I haven't ready 100% of everything.
          >
          > 1) Feats don't sort, although the program says they will. Besides
          > the "have/don't have" I'd like a way to sort them by "meet
          > requirements/don't" instead of just an astrix. That way I'm not
          > scrolling down through a bunch of stuff. That or perhaps by type
          > would help (General/item creation/psionic/metamagic/etc).

          Yeah - I think I'll let you see what type the feat is and make a
          separate column for whether or not you qualify for the feat and sort
          on any of the columns.

          > 2) Item sorts. I like the added breakdowns of the new version (I
          > just went from 3/27 to 3/31). I'd like Artisans tools to be a
          > different tab if possible. Is there a way to adjust the sort tool
          in
          > the .lst/.pcc files? I've MUD zone coded before, and it doesn't
          seem
          > to be there, and I haven't seen it in the Readme doc. Not a bid
          > deal, I'll prob. get to know which sorter to use for different
          items
          > in the next day or so.

          Well - you could add something unique to the TYPE: string for each of
          them. Something like .Artisan could be added to the end of the TYPE:
          string and it would then show up as a choice in PCGen.

          > 3) Purchasing items: I seem to end up with weird repeating
          decimals
          > on the Gold left indicator. Sure I experiment and document where I
          > find the problems, or is this already known?

          No - at least I'm not aware of it. Can you give me details on how to
          replicate this?

          > 4) When I add a level of Cleric, it adds a "Domain" as a class for
          > skill points, although it gives no skill points to the class.
          > Slightly troublesome, but ignorable. When All cleric levels are
          > removed, it still leaves the domain as a "class" from which to
          spend
          > skill points. Again, troublesome, but ignorable.

          Right - the "Domain" class is a virtual class, mostly so clerics can
          use it to memorize their domain spells. You never advance in it, so
          you never get skill points associated with it. I just haven't
          bothered to filter it out as a choice in the skills tab.

          > 5) Skills. I like the ability to sort by cost
          (Class/CC/Exlusive).
          > I just doesn't leave the skills in an nice pattern afterwords. A
          > sort by name after buy cost (or other sort) would be nice. It's
          nice
          > to have all the Craft skills in the same place. The only way to
          > insure that now is to only load one campaign (Ok, so I haven't
          gotten
          > around to creating my own Campaigns .pcc and .lst's) or always have
          > it sorted by name.

          Secondary sorting, eh? Ok - this can be added to the Requested
          Features list, though it'll be a back-burner til I get bigger fish
          out of the way. :)

          -Bryan

          > Thanks for the great program!

          My pleasure! And there are a number of people here who have invested
          a good bit of item and effort as well. It's worked out quite nicely!