Re: [pcgen] Re: BUG: Loremaster not getting new spells for leveling

  • Arcady
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 31, 2001
      Weird.

      I started this character a while back.
      It's been the source of most of my latest BUG reports. :)
      But I added the loremaster levels this morning.

      Just after downloading the latest copy of PCGen (31Mar01)

      Just did what you did. And got the same problem still.

      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 31, 2001
        I was able to get it by removing all my loremaster levels
        making Tau a level 7 cleric.
        Then I upped him to a level 10 cleric.
        Then I added in 3 lorematser levels.

        At this point I could use level 5 spells but not level 6 nor 7 like a
        level 13 cleric should.

        I removed 1 cleric level.
        At this point I could use level 5 and level 6 spells, as per a level 12
        cleric.

        I removed 2 more cleric levels making him a level 7 cleric, level 3
        Loremaster.

        He can now use level 5 spells like a level 10 cleric does.

        But my special abilities line looks like this:

        Turn Undead, 0|PCLEVEL|Cleric|1, 0|PCLEVEL|Cleric|1, 0|PCLEVEL|Cleric|1,
        First Secret, Bonus Caster Level for Cleric, Lore, Bonus Caster Level
        for Cleric, Second Secret, Bonus Caster Level for Cleric

        My castable spells says 2 for level 5. It should be 3 due to my Wisdom.
        My castable spells says 5 for level 1 much like it should.

      • mocha@mcs.net
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 31, 2001
          Okay - the problem is in saving/importing the character. Something is
          getting lost in the translation. I'll have to see what's going on...

          -Bryan
        • arcady0@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 2, 2001
            Hmm...

            Only thing is; I'm not hitting save or reimporting at all during this
            process.

            I only import at the beginning, then do all the steps in the same
            session and get the results I mentioned.