Re: BUG: Loremaster not getting new spells for leveling

  • mocha@mcs.net
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 31, 2001
      I found that if I clicked on the "Unwrap Lines" that I could copy it
      into a pcg file with no trouble! So don't bother uploading it to the
      PCG folder. I imported your character and sure enough, no level 5
      spells. I removed all the Loremaster levels and added them back again
      - voila! Level 5 spells! Did you create this character with a
      different version? I'll look in my debuggable version later why your
      Tau as is doesn't get any 5th level spells.

      -Bryan

      --- In pcgen@y..., mocha@m... wrote:
      > Hm, I just created a Cleric/Loremaster and was successfully getting
      > higher level spells due to Loremaster levels. Can you upload your
      > characters to the PCG folder? It's a bit of a hassle to copy/paste to
      > a file and then undo all the unnecessary carriage returns that a post
      > puts into it - PCGen expects certain items to all be on the same line,
      > so carriage returns are problematic.
      >
      > -Bryan
      >
      > --- In pcgen@y..., Arcady <arcady0@y...> wrote:
      > > A level 7 Cleric/ level 3 Loremaster should have the spells and spell
      > > casting ability of a level 10 cleric.
      > >
      > > Yet when I make such a character with PCGen I never get any level 5
      > spells.
      > >
      > > Attached is a sample character.
      > >
      > > --
      > > /.)\ Arcady <0){{{{>< 3D art: http://www.rad-inet.com/~arcady/3D/
      > > \(@/ Projects: http://www.geocities.com/arcady0/
      > >
      > > All your base are belong to us.
    • Arcady
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 31, 2001
        Weird.

        I started this character a while back.
        It's been the source of most of my latest BUG reports. :)
        But I added the loremaster levels this morning.

        Just after downloading the latest copy of PCGen (31Mar01)

        Just did what you did. And got the same problem still.

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 31, 2001
          I was able to get it by removing all my loremaster levels
          making Tau a level 7 cleric.
          Then I upped him to a level 10 cleric.
          Then I added in 3 lorematser levels.

          At this point I could use level 5 spells but not level 6 nor 7 like a
          level 13 cleric should.

          I removed 1 cleric level.
          At this point I could use level 5 and level 6 spells, as per a level 12
          cleric.

          I removed 2 more cleric levels making him a level 7 cleric, level 3
          Loremaster.

          He can now use level 5 spells like a level 10 cleric does.

          But my special abilities line looks like this:

          Turn Undead, 0|PCLEVEL|Cleric|1, 0|PCLEVEL|Cleric|1, 0|PCLEVEL|Cleric|1,
          First Secret, Bonus Caster Level for Cleric, Lore, Bonus Caster Level
          for Cleric, Second Secret, Bonus Caster Level for Cleric

          My castable spells says 2 for level 5. It should be 3 due to my Wisdom.
          My castable spells says 5 for level 1 much like it should.

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 31, 2001
            Okay - the problem is in saving/importing the character. Something is
            getting lost in the translation. I'll have to see what's going on...

            -Bryan
          • arcady0@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 2, 2001
              Hmm...

              Only thing is; I'm not hitting save or reimporting at all during this
              process.

              I only import at the beginning, then do all the steps in the same
              session and get the results I mentioned.