Re: BUG: Loremaster not getting new spells for leveling

  • mocha@mcs.net
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 31, 2001
      Hm, I just created a Cleric/Loremaster and was successfully getting
      higher level spells due to Loremaster levels. Can you upload your
      characters to the PCG folder? It's a bit of a hassle to copy/paste to
      a file and then undo all the unnecessary carriage returns that a post
      puts into it - PCGen expects certain items to all be on the same line,
      so carriage returns are problematic.

      -Bryan

    • mocha@mcs.net
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 31, 2001
        I found that if I clicked on the "Unwrap Lines" that I could copy it
        into a pcg file with no trouble! So don't bother uploading it to the
        PCG folder. I imported your character and sure enough, no level 5
        spells. I removed all the Loremaster levels and added them back again
        - voila! Level 5 spells! Did you create this character with a
        different version? I'll look in my debuggable version later why your
        Tau as is doesn't get any 5th level spells.

        -Bryan

        --- In pcgen@y..., mocha@m... wrote:
        > Hm, I just created a Cleric/Loremaster and was successfully getting
        > higher level spells due to Loremaster levels. Can you upload your
        > characters to the PCG folder? It's a bit of a hassle to copy/paste to
        > a file and then undo all the unnecessary carriage returns that a post
        > puts into it - PCGen expects certain items to all be on the same line,
        > so carriage returns are problematic.
        >
        > -Bryan
        >
        > --- In pcgen@y..., Arcady <arcady0@y...> wrote:
        > > A level 7 Cleric/ level 3 Loremaster should have the spells and spell
        > > casting ability of a level 10 cleric.
        > >
        > > Yet when I make such a character with PCGen I never get any level 5
        > spells.
        > >
        > > Attached is a sample character.
        > >
        > > --
        > > /.)\ Arcady <0){{{{>< 3D art: http://www.rad-inet.com/~arcady/3D/
        > > \(@/ Projects: http://www.geocities.com/arcady0/
        > >
        > > All your base are belong to us.
      • Arcady
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 31, 2001
          Weird.

          I started this character a while back.
          It's been the source of most of my latest BUG reports. :)
          But I added the loremaster levels this morning.

          Just after downloading the latest copy of PCGen (31Mar01)

          Just did what you did. And got the same problem still.

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 31, 2001
            I was able to get it by removing all my loremaster levels
            making Tau a level 7 cleric.
            Then I upped him to a level 10 cleric.
            Then I added in 3 lorematser levels.

            At this point I could use level 5 spells but not level 6 nor 7 like a
            level 13 cleric should.

            I removed 1 cleric level.
            At this point I could use level 5 and level 6 spells, as per a level 12
            cleric.

            I removed 2 more cleric levels making him a level 7 cleric, level 3
            Loremaster.

            He can now use level 5 spells like a level 10 cleric does.

            But my special abilities line looks like this:

            Turn Undead, 0|PCLEVEL|Cleric|1, 0|PCLEVEL|Cleric|1, 0|PCLEVEL|Cleric|1,
            First Secret, Bonus Caster Level for Cleric, Lore, Bonus Caster Level
            for Cleric, Second Secret, Bonus Caster Level for Cleric

            My castable spells says 2 for level 5. It should be 3 due to my Wisdom.
            My castable spells says 5 for level 1 much like it should.

            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 31, 2001
              Okay - the problem is in saving/importing the character. Something is
              getting lost in the translation. I'll have to see what's going on...

              -Bryan
            • arcady0@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 2, 2001
                Hmm...

                Only thing is; I'm not hitting save or reimporting at all during this
                process.

                I only import at the beginning, then do all the steps in the same
                session and get the results I mentioned.