Re: Possible bug report

  • mocha@mcs.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31, 2001
      The War Domain is supposed to give you proficiency and weapon focus in
      the deity's favored weapon - it implies that the weapon is supposed to
      be a martial one. This will only work under these circumstances:
      1. the favored weapon is filled out for the deity (it is not for
      Gruumsh in phb\phbdeity.lst)
      2. the favored weapon is a martial one
      3. you hit the 'Lock' button for the War Domain (this is where feats
      are transferred from the generic domain of that name to the character,
      and is the only real use for the button)

      So - anyone out there feel like going through all the deity files and
      filling out the favored weapons for them? The fields are
      Name,domains,alignments,title,holy item,favored weapon
      of course the fields are separated by tabs, not commas. You can just
      put Unknown for the Holy Item since that field can't be blank (2 tabs
      in a row won't work) and to this point it's an unused field.

      -Bryan

      --- In pcgen@y..., "bandebarn1" <bandebarn1@m...> wrote:
      > One thing I noticed is that when I made a 12th level Orcish Cleric
      of Gruumsh for a major NPC in my campaign was that when I selected the
      war domain as one of the clerics domains one of the special abilities
      was to get free weapon focus and weapon specialization with the
      dietyie's favored weapon. The program gave me the description of the
      special ability and all but did not include what the weapon was in
      that description or give me a choice box. Is it suppose to work this
      way? Am I missing something or is this a bug?

      > TheErn
    • Edward Downard
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2001
        iced this too...though the war domain does NOT give you weapon specialization. it should give you the weapon focus feat however, plus the martial weapon proficiency if needed.

        Edward Downard
        Digital Media Designer
        http://home.earthlink.net/~edownard