Possible bug report

  • bandebarn1
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31, 2001
       One thing I noticed is that when I made a 12th level Orcish Cleric of Gruumsh for a major NPC in my campaign was that when I selected the war domain as one of the clerics domains one of the special abilities was to get free weapon focus and weapon specialization with the dietyie's favored weapon. The program gave me the description of the special ability and all but did not include what the weapon was in that description or give me a choice box. Is it suppose to work this way? Am I missing something or is this a bug?

      TheErn

    • mocha@mcs.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 31, 2001
        The War Domain is supposed to give you proficiency and weapon focus in
        the deity's favored weapon - it implies that the weapon is supposed to
        be a martial one. This will only work under these circumstances:
        1. the favored weapon is filled out for the deity (it is not for
        Gruumsh in phb\phbdeity.lst)
        2. the favored weapon is a martial one
        3. you hit the 'Lock' button for the War Domain (this is where feats
        are transferred from the generic domain of that name to the character,
        and is the only real use for the button)

        So - anyone out there feel like going through all the deity files and
        filling out the favored weapons for them? The fields are
        Name,domains,alignments,title,holy item,favored weapon
        of course the fields are separated by tabs, not commas. You can just
        put Unknown for the Holy Item since that field can't be blank (2 tabs
        in a row won't work) and to this point it's an unused field.

        -Bryan

        --- In pcgen@y..., "bandebarn1" <bandebarn1@m...> wrote:
        > One thing I noticed is that when I made a 12th level Orcish Cleric
        of Gruumsh for a major NPC in my campaign was that when I selected the
        war domain as one of the clerics domains one of the special abilities
        was to get free weapon focus and weapon specialization with the
        dietyie's favored weapon. The program gave me the description of the
        special ability and all but did not include what the weapon was in
        that description or give me a choice box. Is it suppose to work this
        way? Am I missing something or is this a bug?

        > TheErn
      • Edward Downard
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1, 2001
          iced this too...though the war domain does NOT give you weapon specialization. it should give you the weapon focus feat however, plus the martial weapon proficiency if needed.

          Edward Downard
          Digital Media Designer
          http://home.earthlink.net/~edownard