[pcgen] BUG: Loremaster not getting new spells for leveling

  • Arcady
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 31, 2001
      A level 7 Cleric/ level 3 Loremaster should have the spells and spell
      casting ability of a level 10 cleric.

      Yet when I make such a character with PCGen I never get any level 5 spells.

      Attached is a sample character.

      --
      /.)\ Arcady <0){{{{>< 3D art: http://www.rad-inet.com/~arcady/3D/
      \(@/ Projects: http://www.geocities.com/arcady0/

      All your base are belong to us.
    • mocha@mcs.net
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 31, 2001
        Hm, I just created a Cleric/Loremaster and was successfully getting
        higher level spells due to Loremaster levels. Can you upload your
        characters to the PCG folder? It's a bit of a hassle to copy/paste to
        a file and then undo all the unnecessary carriage returns that a post
        puts into it - PCGen expects certain items to all be on the same line,
        so carriage returns are problematic.

        -Bryan

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 31, 2001
          I found that if I clicked on the "Unwrap Lines" that I could copy it
          into a pcg file with no trouble! So don't bother uploading it to the
          PCG folder. I imported your character and sure enough, no level 5
          spells. I removed all the Loremaster levels and added them back again
          - voila! Level 5 spells! Did you create this character with a
          different version? I'll look in my debuggable version later why your
          Tau as is doesn't get any 5th level spells.

          -Bryan

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 31, 2001
            Weird.

            I started this character a while back.
            It's been the source of most of my latest BUG reports. :)
            But I added the loremaster levels this morning.

            Just after downloading the latest copy of PCGen (31Mar01)

            Just did what you did. And got the same problem still.

            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 31, 2001
              I was able to get it by removing all my loremaster levels
              making Tau a level 7 cleric.
              Then I upped him to a level 10 cleric.
              Then I added in 3 lorematser levels.

              At this point I could use level 5 spells but not level 6 nor 7 like a
              level 13 cleric should.

              I removed 1 cleric level.
              At this point I could use level 5 and level 6 spells, as per a level 12
              cleric.

              I removed 2 more cleric levels making him a level 7 cleric, level 3
              Loremaster.

              He can now use level 5 spells like a level 10 cleric does.

              But my special abilities line looks like this:

              Turn Undead, 0|PCLEVEL|Cleric|1, 0|PCLEVEL|Cleric|1, 0|PCLEVEL|Cleric|1,
              First Secret, Bonus Caster Level for Cleric, Lore, Bonus Caster Level
              for Cleric, Second Secret, Bonus Caster Level for Cleric

              My castable spells says 2 for level 5. It should be 3 due to my Wisdom.
              My castable spells says 5 for level 1 much like it should.

              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 31, 2001
                Okay - the problem is in saving/importing the character. Something is
                getting lost in the translation. I'll have to see what's going on...

                -Bryan
              • arcady0@yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 2, 2001
                  Hmm...

                  Only thing is; I'm not hitting save or reimporting at all during this
                  process.

                  I only import at the beginning, then do all the steps in the same
                  session and get the results I mentioned.