Re: Feature Request

  • mocha@mcs.net
    Message 1 of 85 , Mar 31, 2001
      --- In pcgen@y..., rasyr@b... wrote:
      > --- In pcgen@y..., "Karim C Kronfli" <karim@k...> wrote:
      > > Another minor feature request.
      > >
      > > Converting 2nd ed Characters requires some of the skills in 3rd ed
      > that
      > > are limited in a created 3rd Ed character to specific classes.
      > >
      > > Any chance we can have a tick box or button or something that can
      > > ignore class restrictions for skills?
      > >

      > If you look on the Campaigns tab of the program (before you load any
      > campaigns) there is a little text box next to the words "Exclusive
      > Skill Cost". If you change this from a 0 to a number (i.e. the skill
      > cost you want) it will do exactly what you are looking for. In my
      > campaigns, I change it to a 4 since I think that any class should be
      > able to learn any skill

      That, and if any skill you need to raise to a higher rank - you can
      just give yourself more skill points. Can't do anything about the max
      rank of the skills - though I should probably add an option to ignore
      those caps, shouldn't I?

      -Bryan

    • Endrick <archmage@attbi.com>
      Message 85 of 85 , Jan 5, 2003
        Bryan and gang,
        I was working on a Wizard who builds armor and weapons and had an idea
        for a feature request...

        When you add items to your inventory you can either add them at cost
        or ignore the cost...

        What about adding build cost...

        It cost alot less gp to create items yourself...

        Possibly a creation cost entry in the item descriptions and an
        xp function to subtract the xp for building the item...

        Just a thought...

        Endrick