Re: Question for Byran

  • mocha@mcs.net
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 31, 2001
      Maybe you should put the numbers somewhere else while you sleep? ;)

      -Bryan

      --- In pcgen@y..., "Damian" <westfam@a...> wrote:
      > I thought being insane was a prerequisit for programming. I mean,
      honestly, what other excuse could you come up with for breaking
      everything down to math and varriables? heck, i crunch numbers in my
      sleep sometimes.

      has to change things to fix the bug reports. which generates more bug
      reports......... vicious cycle, isn't it?

      Service.

      Service.

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

    • Damian
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 31, 2001
        very funny.  between reverse engineering games to figure out how it works, and why, and writing my own (might have help on that one), sleepy time is about the only time i CAN do some serious number crunching.  I DO have a real life on occasion.
        Maybe you should put the numbers somewhere else while you sleep? ;)

        -Bryan

        --- In pcgen@y..., "Damian" <westfam@a...> wrote:
        > I thought being insane was a prerequisit for programming.  I mean,
        honestly, what other excuse could you come up with for breaking
        everything down to math and varriables?  heck, i crunch numbers in my
        sleep sometimes.

        Service.

        Service.

        >         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        >   Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

      • Gary
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 31, 2001
          I for one report them as an FYI, not as a complaint. He's awesome in
          his responsiveness. Keep up the good work!

          --- In pcgen@y..., mocha@m... wrote:
          > There are no bugs... it's all just... um... user error! :)
          > Actually, I like getting bug reports. There's too much ground
          > (functionality wise) for me to cover by myself before every release,
          > so as careful as I try to be I know that I'll never find & fix all
          the
          > bugs. When I get a bug report, I'm glad to fix it because I use
          PCGen
          > for my own campaigns and I'd like to know that it works correctly.
          So
          > everyone here is just helping me out! I've been embarassed by a few
          > bugs (how could I miss *that*?), but I've never been upset about
          them. :)

          > -Bryan
          >
          > --- In pcgen@y..., Doc <doc_souark@y...> wrote:
          > >
          > > I like the PCGen but I gotta ask you,with all the bug
          > > reports you get on it don't you want to beat your
          > > computer into submission ?
          > >
          > > Doc

          > > http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/?.refer=text
        • Al Adams
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 31, 2001
            Yes I want to be able to select any craft or profession to add the +2.

            Thanks
            Al

            --- In pcgen@y..., mocha@m... wrote:
            > You'd want the choice to be any skills that start with Profession
            or
            > Craft, right? Something like CHOOSE:SKILLNAMES|Profession%|Craft%
            > would be easy to add.
            >
            > -Bryan
            >
            > --- In pcgen@y..., "Al Adams" <phyloah@y...> wrote:
            > > Ok, I just started working on my main character and found the
            > > Mercantile brackground needs a choose thing for which craft or
            > > profession it will apply to.
            > >
            > > Thanks
            > > Al
          • Arcady
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 31, 2001
              There's a couple feats that need this that right now do
              nothing:

              There's also cosmopolitan and educated.
              One changes one skill into a class skill and the other makes
              all knowledges into class skills.