Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

Re: Question for Byran

Expand Messages
  • mocha@mcs.net
    There are no bugs... it s all just... um... user error! :) Actually, I like getting bug reports. There s too much ground (functionality wise) for me to cover
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 31, 2001
      There are no bugs... it's all just... um... user error! :)
      Actually, I like getting bug reports. There's too much ground
      (functionality wise) for me to cover by myself before every release,
      so as careful as I try to be I know that I'll never find & fix all the
      bugs. When I get a bug report, I'm glad to fix it because I use PCGen
      for my own campaigns and I'd like to know that it works correctly. So
      everyone here is just helping me out! I've been embarassed by a few
      bugs (how could I miss *that*?), but I've never been upset about them. :)

      -Bryan

      --- In pcgen@y..., Doc <doc_souark@y...> wrote:
      >
      > I like the PCGen but I gotta ask you,with all the bug
      > reports you get on it don't you want to beat your
      > computer into submission ?
      >
      > Doc
      >
      > __________________________________________________
      > Do You Yahoo!?
      > Get email at your own domain with Yahoo! Mail.
      > http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/?.refer=text
    • mocha@mcs.net
      Maybe you should put the numbers somewhere else while you sleep? ;) -Bryan ... honestly, what other excuse could you come up with for breaking everything down
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 31, 2001
        Maybe you should put the numbers somewhere else while you sleep? ;)

        -Bryan

        --- In pcgen@y..., "Damian" <westfam@a...> wrote:
        > I thought being insane was a prerequisit for programming. I mean,
        honestly, what other excuse could you come up with for breaking
        everything down to math and varriables? heck, i crunch numbers in my
        sleep sometimes.
        > ----- Original Message -----
        > From: Darwin Bell
        > To: pcgen@y...
        > Sent: Saturday, March 31, 2001 2:28 AM
        > Subject: Re: [pcgen] Question for Byran
        >
        >
        > It's why most programmers go insane. I didn't have to worry,
        always been insane....
        >
        > Actually I enjoy the little vicious cycle. Finding the bugs is
        what I enjoy.
        >
        >
        > Darwin Bell
        > "Wasn't lurking - I was standing about.
        > It's a whole different vibe."
        >
        >
        > ----- Original Message -----
        > From: Damian
        > To: pcgen@y...
        > Sent: Saturday, March 31, 2001 1:58 AM
        > Subject: Re: [pcgen] Question for Byran
        >
        >
        > he only gets bug reports when he changes things. of course, he
        has to change things to fix the bug reports. which generates more bug
        reports......... vicious cycle, isn't it?
        > ----- Original Message -----
        > From: Doc
        > To: pcgen@y...
        > Sent: Saturday, March 31, 2001 1:51 AM
        > Subject: [pcgen] Question for Byran
        >
        >
        >
        > I like the PCGen but I gotta ask you,with all the bug
        > reports you get on it don't you want to beat your
        > computer into submission ?
        >
        > Doc
        >
        > __________________________________________________
        > Do You Yahoo!?
        > Get email at your own domain with Yahoo! Mail.
        > http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/?.refer=text
        >
        >
        > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
        > pcgen-unsubscribe@egroups.com
        >
        >
        >
        > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
        Service.
        >
        >
        >
        > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
        > pcgen-unsubscribe@egroups.com
        >
        >
        >
        > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
        Service.
        >
        >
        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        >
        >
        >
        > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
        > pcgen-unsubscribe@egroups.com
        >
        >
        >
        > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
      • Damian
        very funny. between reverse engineering games to figure out how it works, and why, and writing my own (might have help on that one), sleepy time is about the
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 31, 2001
          very funny.  between reverse engineering games to figure out how it works, and why, and writing my own (might have help on that one), sleepy time is about the only time i CAN do some serious number crunching.  I DO have a real life on occasion.
          ----- Original Message -----
          From: mocha@...
          Sent: Saturday, March 31, 2001 8:23 AM
          Subject: [pcgen] Re: Question for Byran

          Maybe you should put the numbers somewhere else while you sleep? ;)

          -Bryan

          --- In pcgen@y..., "Damian" <westfam@a...> wrote:
          > I thought being insane was a prerequisit for programming.  I mean,
          honestly, what other excuse could you come up with for breaking
          everything down to math and varriables?  heck, i crunch numbers in my
          sleep sometimes.
          >   ----- Original Message -----
          >   From: Darwin Bell
          >   To: pcgen@y...
          >   Sent: Saturday, March 31, 2001 2:28 AM
          >   Subject: Re: [pcgen] Question for Byran
          >
          >
          >   It's why most programmers go insane.    I didn't have to worry,
          always been insane....
          >
          >   Actually I enjoy the little vicious cycle.  Finding the bugs is
          what I enjoy.
          >
          >
          >   Darwin Bell
          >   "Wasn't lurking - I was standing about.
          >   It's a whole different vibe."
          >
          >
          >     ----- Original Message -----
          >     From: Damian
          >     To: pcgen@y...
          >     Sent: Saturday, March 31, 2001 1:58 AM
          >     Subject: Re: [pcgen] Question for Byran
          >
          >
          >     he only gets bug reports when he changes things.  of course, he
          has to change things to fix the bug reports.  which generates more bug
          reports.........  vicious cycle, isn't it?
          >       ----- Original Message -----
          >       From: Doc
          >       To: pcgen@y...
          >       Sent: Saturday, March 31, 2001 1:51 AM
          >       Subject: [pcgen] Question for Byran
          >
          >
          >
          >       I like the PCGen but I gotta ask you,with all the bug
          >       reports you get on it don't you want to beat your
          >       computer into submission ?
          >
          >                                           Doc
          >
          >       __________________________________________________
          >       Do You Yahoo!?
          >       Get email at your own domain with Yahoo! Mail.
          >       http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/?.refer=text
          >
          >
          >       To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
          >       pcgen-unsubscribe@egroups.com
          >
          >
          >
          >       Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
          Service.
          >
          >
          >
          >     To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
          >     pcgen-unsubscribe@egroups.com
          >
          >
          >
          >     Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
          Service.
          >
          >
          >         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
          >
          >
          >
          >   To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
          >   pcgen-unsubscribe@egroups.com
          >
          >
          >
          >   Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.



          To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
          pcgen-unsubscribe@egroups.com



          Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
        • Gary
          I for one report them as an FYI, not as a complaint. He s awesome in his responsiveness. Keep up the good work! ... the ... PCGen ... So ... them. :)
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 31, 2001
            I for one report them as an FYI, not as a complaint. He's awesome in
            his responsiveness. Keep up the good work!

            --- In pcgen@y..., mocha@m... wrote:
            > There are no bugs... it's all just... um... user error! :)
            > Actually, I like getting bug reports. There's too much ground
            > (functionality wise) for me to cover by myself before every release,
            > so as careful as I try to be I know that I'll never find & fix all
            the
            > bugs. When I get a bug report, I'm glad to fix it because I use
            PCGen
            > for my own campaigns and I'd like to know that it works correctly.
            So
            > everyone here is just helping me out! I've been embarassed by a few
            > bugs (how could I miss *that*?), but I've never been upset about
            them. :)
            >
            > -Bryan
            >
            > --- In pcgen@y..., Doc <doc_souark@y...> wrote:
            > >
            > > I like the PCGen but I gotta ask you,with all the bug
            > > reports you get on it don't you want to beat your
            > > computer into submission ?
            > >
            > > Doc
            > >
            > > __________________________________________________
            > > Do You Yahoo!?
            > > Get email at your own domain with Yahoo! Mail.
            > > http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/?.refer=text
          • Al Adams
            Yes I want to be able to select any craft or profession to add the +2. Thanks Al ... or
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 31, 2001
              Yes I want to be able to select any craft or profession to add the +2.


              Thanks
              Al

              --- In pcgen@y..., mocha@m... wrote:
              > You'd want the choice to be any skills that start with Profession
              or
              > Craft, right? Something like CHOOSE:SKILLNAMES|Profession%|Craft%
              > would be easy to add.
              >
              > -Bryan
              >
              > --- In pcgen@y..., "Al Adams" <phyloah@y...> wrote:
              > > Ok, I just started working on my main character and found the
              > > Mercantile brackground needs a choose thing for which craft or
              > > profession it will apply to.
              > >
              > > Thanks
              > > Al
            • Arcady
              There s a couple feats that need this that right now do nothing: There s also cosmopolitan and educated. One changes one skill into a class skill and the other
              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 31, 2001
                There's a couple feats that need this that right now do
                nothing:

                There's also cosmopolitan and educated.
                One changes one skill into a class skill and the other makes
                all knowledges into class skills.



                --- Al Adams <phyloah@...> wrote:
                > Yes I want to be able to select any craft or profession to
                > add the +2.
                >
                >
                > Thanks
                > Al
                >
                > --- In pcgen@y..., mocha@m... wrote:
                > > You'd want the choice to be any skills that start with
                > Profession
                > or
                > > Craft, right? Something like
                > CHOOSE:SKILLNAMES|Profession%|Craft%
                > > would be easy to add.
                > >
                > > -Bryan
                > >
                > > --- In pcgen@y..., "Al Adams" <phyloah@y...> wrote:
                > > > Ok, I just started working on my main character and
                > found the
                > > > Mercantile brackground needs a choose thing for which
                > craft or
                > > > profession it will apply to.
                > > >
                > > > Thanks
                > > > Al
                >
                >


                __________________________________________________
                Do You Yahoo!?
                Get email at your own domain with Yahoo! Mail.
                http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/?.refer=text
              Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.