Mercantile Background

  • Al Adams
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 30 5:48 PM
      Ok, I just started working on my main character and found the
      Mercantile brackground needs a choose thing for which craft or
      profession it will apply to.

      Thanks
      Al
    • mocha@mcs.net
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 30 8:24 PM
        You'd want the choice to be any skills that start with Profession or
        Craft, right? Something like CHOOSE:SKILLNAMES|Profession%|Craft%
        would be easy to add.

        -Bryan

        --- In pcgen@y..., "Al Adams" <phyloah@y...> wrote:
        > Ok, I just started working on my main character and found the
        > Mercantile brackground needs a choose thing for which craft or
        > profession it will apply to.
        >
        > Thanks
        > Al
      • Doc
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 30 11:51 PM
          I like the PCGen but I gotta ask you,with all the bug
          reports you get on it don't you want to beat your
          computer into submission ?

          Doc

        • Damian

            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 31 12:28 AM
              It's why most programmers go insane.    I didn't have to worry, always been insane....

              Actually I enjoy the little vicious cycle.  Finding the bugs is what I enjoy.

              Darwin Bell
              "Wasn't lurking - I was standing about.
              It's a whole different vibe."

                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 31 6:21 AM
                  There are no bugs... it's all just... um... user error! :)
                  Actually, I like getting bug reports. There's too much ground
                  (functionality wise) for me to cover by myself before every release,
                  so as careful as I try to be I know that I'll never find & fix all the
                  bugs. When I get a bug report, I'm glad to fix it because I use PCGen
                  for my own campaigns and I'd like to know that it works correctly. So
                  everyone here is just helping me out! I've been embarassed by a few
                  bugs (how could I miss *that*?), but I've never been upset about them. :)

                  -Bryan

                • mocha@mcs.net
                  Message 8 of 12 , Mar 31 6:23 AM
                    Maybe you should put the numbers somewhere else while you sleep? ;)

                    -Bryan

                    --- In pcgen@y..., "Damian" <westfam@a...> wrote:
                    > I thought being insane was a prerequisit for programming. I mean,
                    honestly, what other excuse could you come up with for breaking
                    everything down to math and varriables? heck, i crunch numbers in my
                    sleep sometimes.

                    Service.

                    Service.

                    > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                  • Damian
                    Message 9 of 12 , Mar 31 10:26 AM
                      very funny.  between reverse engineering games to figure out how it works, and why, and writing my own (might have help on that one), sleepy time is about the only time i CAN do some serious number crunching.  I DO have a real life on occasion.
                      Maybe you should put the numbers somewhere else while you sleep? ;)

                      -Bryan

                      --- In pcgen@y..., "Damian" <westfam@a...> wrote:
                      > I thought being insane was a prerequisit for programming.  I mean,
                      honestly, what other excuse could you come up with for breaking
                      everything down to math and varriables?  heck, i crunch numbers in my
                      sleep sometimes.

                      Service.

                      Service.

                      >         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                      >   Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

                    • Gary
                      Message 10 of 12 , Mar 31 11:53 AM
                        I for one report them as an FYI, not as a complaint. He's awesome in
                        his responsiveness. Keep up the good work!

                        --- In pcgen@y..., mocha@m... wrote:
                        > There are no bugs... it's all just... um... user error! :)
                        > Actually, I like getting bug reports. There's too much ground
                        > (functionality wise) for me to cover by myself before every release,
                        > so as careful as I try to be I know that I'll never find & fix all
                        the
                        > bugs. When I get a bug report, I'm glad to fix it because I use
                        PCGen
                        > for my own campaigns and I'd like to know that it works correctly.
                        So
                        > everyone here is just helping me out! I've been embarassed by a few
                        > bugs (how could I miss *that*?), but I've never been upset about
                        them. :)

                        > -Bryan
                        >
                        > --- In pcgen@y..., Doc <doc_souark@y...> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > I like the PCGen but I gotta ask you,with all the bug
                        > > reports you get on it don't you want to beat your
                        > > computer into submission ?
                        > >
                        > > Doc

                        > > http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/?.refer=text
                      • Al Adams
                        Message 11 of 12 , Mar 31 12:25 PM
                          Yes I want to be able to select any craft or profession to add the +2.

                          Thanks
                          Al

                          --- In pcgen@y..., mocha@m... wrote:
                          > You'd want the choice to be any skills that start with Profession
                          or
                          > Craft, right? Something like CHOOSE:SKILLNAMES|Profession%|Craft%
                          > would be easy to add.
                          >
                          > -Bryan
                          >
                          > --- In pcgen@y..., "Al Adams" <phyloah@y...> wrote:
                          > > Ok, I just started working on my main character and found the
                          > > Mercantile brackground needs a choose thing for which craft or
                          > > profession it will apply to.
                          > >
                          > > Thanks
                          > > Al
                        • Arcady
                          Message 12 of 12 , Mar 31 1:15 PM
                            There's a couple feats that need this that right now do
                            nothing:

                            There's also cosmopolitan and educated.
                            One changes one skill into a class skill and the other makes
                            all knowledges into class skills.