Re: BUG: Loremaster Prereqs (Skill prereqs, class/cross class skills, and domains.)

  • mocha@mcs.net
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 30, 2001
      Actually took 1 code change regarding PRESKILL:
      it took the first 2 skills that match that name (Knowledge), for New2
      you had Knowledge(Aracana) with a Rank of 9, so it didn't think you'd
      qualify - obviously it should ignore this and continue looking for
      other skills.
      None of your 3 characters had the right feats (Loremaster requires 3
      Item Creation or Metamagic feats, and each of your characters just
      had 2 that qualified)

      I don't think this quite qualifies as the Attic of PCGen - though the
      PRESKILL code has been around quite a while!

      I'll put a release out today with this and other fixes.

      -Bryan

      --- In pcgen@y..., Arcady <arcady0@y...> wrote:
      > That's my theory too.
      >
      > I think this is going to end up being one of those bugs that
      > is the result of some single line of code hidden way back in
      > the attic of PCGen's source code.
      >
      > That or some ultra key function that has an obvious fix; but
      > fixing it for this wipes out half the program. :)
      >
      > That's how these obscure ones always seem to pan out for me
      > at least...
      >
      > --- David Cortijo <dcortijo@i...> wrote:
      > > I went through these files, and I can't seem to see just
      > > what the problem
      > > is. It certainly seems to be an interaction of the
      > > Knowledge domain and
      > > increasing the ranks on those skills - the skill itself
      > > doesn't cause the
      > > problem (I tested it with a high enough level cleric, as
      > > well as with a 7th
      > > level wizard - Knowledge(Undead) caused no problems there).
      > > I can only
      > > assume that the fact the Knowledge domains grants these
      > > characters all
      > > Knowledge skills as class skills somehow confuses PCgen.

    • Arcady
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 30, 2001
        Really? By my count New1 and New2 had two metamagic and one
        item creation...

        Scribe Scroll:0:Maximize Spell:0:Chain Spell:0:

        For the total of the 3 needed.

        For Tau after I gave him 10 feats total he still didn't make
        it.
        But I can see now that the skills req you mention is why he
        wouldn't work. As a knowledge fiend I gave him a bunch of
        skills at low levels to represent assorted trivia.

        He's suppossed to be a bookworm that finds himself suddenly
        sent out into the wilds for offending the church.