Re: [pcgen] Metallic Quarterstaff

  • Keith Davies
    Message 1 of 2 , May 3, 2002
      On Fri, May 03, 2002 at 01:08:36PM -0000, lane_stacey wrote:
      > My character has an adamantite quarterstaff, but I can find no way to
      > create this item in PC Gen. Is there a reason that a quarterstaff
      > HAS to be wood? Is there some kind of override within the program
      > that would let me change this?

      Well, in PCGen staves are defined as being of wood, and wooden items
      don't get changed to metal items. This implements the rules in the
      book.

      IRL, a metal staff would probably weigh around 30-35 pounds[1]. This
      is too heavy for a normal person to use as an effective weapon.

      [1] The 'normal' bar (not the light bar) used in weightlifting is 45
      pounds. It's about the same length but I think is a little thicker
      and has some extra metal.

      Keith
      --
      Keith Davies
      kjdavies@...

      DM : You search the storeroom and find a barrel marked 'elf pudding'.
      Random: Elven pudding! Wonderful stuff. Gimme!
      Dolarn: We're in a goblin lair and it says 'elf pudding'. I wouldn't.
      Random: What?! You mean... <hyuuuurfff>