Re: Ok... stupid FAQ questions.

  • rjohnsonpm
    Message 1 of 17 , May 1, 2002
      you can also get to the FAQ by clicking on the + sign in the left
      frame next to Overview, and then select FAQ.

      Webmaster,
      What about having the tree already expanded, thus seeing the FAQ link
      under Overview.

      --- In pcgen@y..., "Stuart Updegrave" <stuart@m...> wrote:

      > Could the URL for the FAQ perhaps be added to the main PCGen page,
      for
      > those of us who never notice (until today :) the 'Links' link?
      >
      > Thanks.

    • Stuart Updegrave
      Message 2 of 17 , May 1, 2002
        I never realized that those items were clickable. They do not provide
        any user feedback on mouseover.

        Interestingly, when I click on them I get a broken image icon.

        Now that I am aware of the pcgenwebsite group, I suppose I should take
        this there.

      • sleepily
        Message 3 of 17 , May 1, 2002
          > The FAQ is at
          > http://pedertest.officeline.no/PCGen

          > On the Inventory tab, changed the item to "Equipped" to indicate
          that
          > armor is worn, weapons/shields are in-hand, rings are on fingers,
          > etc. Carried means just that - somewhere no your person, but not
          in
          > a place where any bonuses for it would be conveyed to you.

          Thank you... under 2.6.1, it still seems to add the weight of the
          armor to the encumberance calculation, when equipped. This, (I
          think) makes a bug...

          -Don
        • STILES, BRAD
          Message 4 of 17 , May 2, 2002

            Can it also be added to messages that are posted to the list? I know some
            list servers have the ability to add a footer (or a header) to each and
            every messages that comes over, but I don't know if Yahoo gives that ability
            to the list users. They obviously do it themselves with the ads.

            Brad
          • Pappa Schlumpf aka Christian Stoehr
            Message 5 of 17 , May 2, 2002
              On Thu, 2 May 2002, STILES, BRAD wrote:

              >Can it also be added to messages that are posted to the list? I know some
              >list servers have the ability to add a footer (or a header) to each and
              >every messages that comes over, but I don't know if Yahoo gives that ability
              >to the list users. They obviously do it themselves with the ads.
              >
              >Brad

              Yahoogroups is able to do this. Unter Group Settings - Welcome Message and
              Footer (as Moderator).

              Schlumpf.
              --
              Christian Stoehr aka Pappa Schlumpf (ICQ: 105220378)
              email:pappa_s@... WWW: www.pappa-s.de.vu
              Message 6 of 17 , May 2, 2002
                I think worn armor still counts as weight towards your encumbrance. I don't
                have a PHB at hand, so I can't double-check.

                Dan

                > > On the Inventory tab, changed the item to "Equipped" to indicate
                > that
                > > armor is worn, weapons/shields are in-hand, rings are on fingers,
                > > etc. Carried means just that - somewhere no your person, but not
                > in
                > > a place where any bonuses for it would be conveyed to you.
                >
                > Thank you... under 2.6.1, it still seems to add the weight of the
                > armor to the encumberance calculation, when equipped. This, (I
                > think) makes a bug...
                >
                > -Don

              • merton_monk
                Message 7 of 17 , May 2, 2002
                  Yup - saw that. Just changed the footer to include:

                  maybe it will take effect with this message. :)
                  Maybe I should include a link to where you can download java?

                  -Bryan

                  --- In pcgen@y..., Pappa Schlumpf aka Christian Stoehr

                  Message 8 of 17 , May 2, 2002
                    > Yup - saw that. Just changed the footer to include:

                    > maybe it will take effect with this message. :)
                    > Maybe I should include a link to where you can download java?

                    It would be useful.

                    As far as the answer to the other question, I found out I can mask
                    the encumberance problem by manually flipping Carry=0. When I equip
                    the armor, it will REMOVE the armor from the equation, but as I
                    said, it just masks the problem.

                    BTW: Alcolades on the program. I can see why WoTC dumped Master
                    Tools. :)
                  • Benjamin Pew
                    Message 9 of 17 , May 2, 2002
                      I don't believe that it says any where that the weight of armor doesn't
                      count toward encumberance. All it says is that if you have medium armor and
                      a heavy load, you just get the encumbrance penalty to your skill checks and
                      such, not both.

                      > Yup - saw that. Just changed the footer to include:

                      > maybe it will take effect with this message. :)
                      > Maybe I should include a link to where you can download java?

                      It would be useful.

                      As far as the answer to the other question, I found out I can mask
                      the encumberance problem by manually flipping Carry=0. When I equip
                      the armor, it will REMOVE the armor from the equation, but as I
                      said, it just masks the problem.

                      BTW: Alcolades on the program. I can see why WoTC dumped Master
                      Tools. :)

                    • gsbingl
                      Message 10 of 17 , May 2, 2002
                        Or you could customize the armor and set the weight to zero.

                        Byngl

                        --- In pcgen@y..., "sleepily" <macphee@c...> wrote:
                        > --- In pcgen@y..., "merton_monk" <merton_monk@y...> wrote:
                        > > Yup - saw that. Just changed the footer to include:
                        > > PCGen's FAQ: http://pedertest.officeline.no/PCGen
                        >
                        > > maybe it will take effect with this message. :)
                        > > Maybe I should include a link to where you can download java?
                        >
                        > It would be useful.
                        >
                        > As far as the answer to the other question, I found out I can mask
                        > the encumberance problem by manually flipping Carry=0. When I equip
                        > the armor, it will REMOVE the armor from the equation, but as I
                        > said, it just masks the problem.
                        >
                        > BTW: Alcolades on the program. I can see why WoTC dumped Master
                        > Tools. :)
                      • Dan Young
                        Message 11 of 17 , May 2, 2002
                          Actually, the category of the armor and load aren't directly compared; the
                          penalties applied are. You take the worst Max Dex and the worst Armor Check
                          Penalty by looking at the worn armor and the load carried. Hence my problem
                          in Dragonstar where the medium load(+3 dex, -3 armor check) is more
                          restrictive than the powered armor my character is wearing(+1 dex, -0 armor
                          check). With respect to armor check, at least.

                          Dan

                          > I don't believe that it says any where that the weight of armor doesn't
                          > count toward encumberance. All it says is that if you have medium armor
                          and
                          > a heavy load, you just get the encumbrance penalty to your skill checks
                          and
                          > such, not both.
                        • Dan Young
                          Message 12 of 17 , May 2, 2002
                            Note: use of 'problem' below indicates personal unhappiness with the result,
                            not an error on PCGen's part. Heh.

                            Dan

                            > Actually, the category of the armor and load aren't directly compared; the
                            > penalties applied are. You take the worst Max Dex and the worst Armor
                            Check
                            > Penalty by looking at the worn armor and the load carried. Hence my
                            problem
                            > in Dragonstar where the medium load(+3 dex, -3 armor check) is more
                            > restrictive than the powered armor my character is wearing(+1 dex, -0
                            armor
                            > check). With respect to armor check, at least.
                            >
                            > Dan
                          • sleepily
                            Message 13 of 17 , May 2, 2002
                              --- In pcgen@y..., Benjamin Pew <benpew@a...> wrote:
                              > I don't believe that it says any where that the weight of armor
                              doesn't
                              > count toward encumberance. All it says is that if you have medium
                              armor and
                              > a heavy load, you just get the encumbrance penalty to your skill
                              checks and
                              > such, not both.

                              Hmm..

                              I had always interpreted them as seperate. It's in the example that
                              they combine them.

                              Blast. More Bags of Holding I guess. ;)

                              -Don
                            • Keith Davies
                              Message 14 of 17 , May 2, 2002
                                On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 01:03:51PM -0000, sleepily wrote:

                                > BTW: Alcolades on the program. I can see why WoTC dumped Master
                                > Tools. :)

                                I don't think it's because they're afraid of us -- if they were, it
                                seems more likely they'd try to shut us down. There are people (well,
                                one at least) in the beta program for MT.

                                I think the reason Wizards is having so much trouble with MT is the
                                sheer scope of the problem. This is *not* a simple project, especially
                                when third-party products (and Wizard's products, for that matter) keep
                                extending and changing the rules.

                                I'd hate to have to get this program working for a living -- getting a
                                good product out the door would cost way too much. It's a good thing
                                Bryan got us started and it's all voluntary... I don't mind *giving* my
                                time to this, but if I were drawing a cheque there'd be too much
                                pressure....

                                Keith
                                --
                                Keith Davies
                                kjdavies@...

                                DM : You search the storeroom and find a barrel marked 'elf pudding'.
                                Random: Elven pudding! Wonderful stuff. Gimme!
                                Dolarn: We're in a goblin lair and it says 'elf pudding'. I wouldn't.
                                Random: What?! You mean... <hyuuuurfff>