Bracers of Armor & Proficiency

  • WoofWolfNJ
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2002
      Hi All,

      Ok, two of my players recently gained Bracers of Armor +1
      for their characters. Yet when they try to add them on
      their characters (a Bard and a Thief), it tells them they
      are 'Proficient: N' and equiping them doesn't adjust their
      AC. Any ideas? (Recently upgraded to 2.6.1)

      Thanks,
      Ron
    • magic_engineer
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2002
        I noticed this a couple of days ago. As a quick patch up fix, I
        adjusted the ac bonus for all of the bracers +4 in the lst file. It
        still shows up as not proficiant, but the AC figures out right.
        Anyway, it worked for me.

        --- In pcgen@y..., "WoofWolfNJ" <woofwolf_att@y...> wrote:
        > Hi All,
        >
        > Ok, two of my players recently gained Bracers of Armor +1
        > for their characters. Yet when they try to add them on
        > their characters (a Bard and a Thief), it tells them they
        > are 'Proficient: N' and equiping them doesn't adjust their
        > AC. Any ideas? (Recently upgraded to 2.6.1)
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Ron
      • Tir Gwaith
        Message 3 of 4 , May 1, 2002
          Are the character's wearing any armor? If so, they yeah, they shouldn't
          notice anything from a Bracers of Armor. Type armor doesn't stack except
          between armor and shields.

          Tir Gwaith
          LST Chimp
          MM Race Dragon

          > I noticed this a couple of days ago. As a quick patch up fix, I
          > adjusted the ac bonus for all of the bracers +4 in the lst file. It
          > still shows up as not proficiant, but the AC figures out right.
          > Anyway, it worked for me.
          >
          > --- In pcgen@y..., "WoofWolfNJ" <woofwolf_att@y...> wrote:
          > > Hi All,
          > >
          > > Ok, two of my players recently gained Bracers of Armor +1
          > > for their characters. Yet when they try to add them on
          > > their characters (a Bard and a Thief), it tells them they
          > > are 'Proficient: N' and equiping them doesn't adjust their
          > > AC. Any ideas? (Recently upgraded to 2.6.1)
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > > Ron

        • gsbingl
          Message 4 of 4 , May 2, 2002
            Proficient only has any meaning if the item is a weapon. It should
            NOT affect the armor value bestowed by an item. Try creating a Human
            with 10's in all stats. Give him/her Bracers of Armor +1 and equip
            them. Export the csheet. AC should be 11. If the armor bonus is not
            showing up for your character, it's probably because you've already
            equipped armor or a shield

            Byngl

            Bryan: should we check to see if there is a .Weapon tag or damage and
            not display the PROFICIENT: info

            While on the topic of the Equipment Info pane:
            Why do we have a Properties and a Bonuses entry? They show exactly
            the same information as witnessed by the code:

            <code>

            b.append("  <b>Properties</b>:").append
            (aEq.getInterestingDisplayString());

            bString = aEq.getInterestingDisplayString();
            if (bString.length() > 0)
            b.append(" <b>Bonuses</b>:").append(bString);

            </code>