Re: Problem with customising of weapons

  • merton_monk
    Message 1 of 7 , May 1, 2002
      --- In pcgen@y..., Martin Brabander <crazy-horse@p...> wrote:
      > merton_monk wrote:
      >
      > > --- In pcgen@y..., Martin Brabander <crazy-horse@p...> wrote:

      > > 2.6.1
      Longsword

      > > it

      > > > Now that is the strangest thing I have ever seen with PcGen
      since v
      > > 1.2,
      > > > Bryan!!!!
      > >
      > > Ok - I'll bite. What strangeness do you remember from 1.2???? At
      > > that time the versions were daily... not the slow pace of only
      once a
      > > week we have now. ;)
      > >

      > Sorry, that wasn't meant quite the way it read. When I started
      with v 1.1,
      > everything was strange in terms of usage after the crud program
      that came out
      > with the PHB. By the time I used version 1.2, and started
      advertising PC Gen
      > on usenet, nothing seemed strange. We have had a few bugs, but
      your trusty
      > fly swat has always worked well, and as you say, daily versions (if
      not
      > better) meant I didn't have long to wait for a correction. The
      download
      > times were slightly quicker in the good old days too ;) :) :)

      Now the data files alone are bigger than the original versions of
      PCGen! Progress means bigger means better, right? ;)

      > > > BTW Can I ask why the selection of weapons offered when you
      choose
      > > weapons
      > > > focus as the free feat for a fighter (Don't say that fast!) is
      much
      > > narrower
      > > > than if you close the dialogue box and just select through the
      feat
      > > tab.
      > >
      > > Yes - you can ask. :)
      > >

      > That's my job as 'test monkey the oldest' (I suspect all others
      from that
      > time have evolved to far higher status up the simian tree)

      Yup - you definitely have seniority on that score. :)
      The reason is that it appears that your automatic weapon
      proficiencies haven't yet been generated by the time that first free
      feat is taken. If you take it at second level you'll notice that the
      problem is gone. One of those 'quirks' that needs some attention.
      Now if anyone knew how to create a few extra hours every day - I
      could put them to good use!

      -Bryan