Re: [pcgen] Re: Problem with customising of weapons

  • Martin Brabander
    Message 1 of 7 , May 1, 2002
      merton_monk wrote:

      > --- In pcgen@y..., Martin Brabander <crazy-horse@p...> wrote:
      > > merton_monk wrote:
      > >
      > > > Hm.... I see your version stamp says 2.6.1. I just tried it in
      > 2.6.1
      > > > and it showed your character as being proficient in Kims Longsword
      > > > and Kims Longsword 2
      > > >
      > > > Is it showing up listed as red in your inventory tab? Does it
      > > > include a -4 to hit on your character sheet? I generated one and
      > it
      > > > looked just fine.
      > > >
      > > > -Bryan
      > > >

      > > Now that is the strangest thing I have ever seen with PcGen since v
      > 1.2,
      > > Bryan!!!!
      >
      > Ok - I'll bite. What strangeness do you remember from 1.2???? At
      > that time the versions were daily... not the slow pace of only once a
      > week we have now. ;)

      Sorry, that wasn't meant quite the way it read. When I started with v 1.1,
      everything was strange in terms of usage after the crud program that came out
      with the PHB. By the time I used version 1.2, and started advertising PC Gen
      on usenet, nothing seemed strange. We have had a few bugs, but your trusty
      fly swat has always worked well, and as you say, daily versions (if not
      better) meant I didn't have long to wait for a correction. The download
      times were slightly quicker in the good old days too ;) :) :)

      > > BTW Can I ask why the selection of weapons offered when you choose
      > weapons
      > > focus as the free feat for a fighter (Don't say that fast!) is much
      > narrower
      > > than if you close the dialogue box and just select through the feat
      > tab.
      >
      > Yes - you can ask. :)

      That's my job as 'test monkey the oldest' (I suspect all others from that
      time have evolved to far higher status up the simian tree)

      Martin
    • merton_monk
      Message 2 of 7 , May 1, 2002
        --- In pcgen@y..., Martin Brabander <crazy-horse@p...> wrote:
        > merton_monk wrote:
        >
        > > --- In pcgen@y..., Martin Brabander <crazy-horse@p...> wrote:

        > > 2.6.1
        Longsword

        > > it

        > > > Now that is the strangest thing I have ever seen with PcGen
        since v
        > > 1.2,
        > > > Bryan!!!!
        > >
        > > Ok - I'll bite. What strangeness do you remember from 1.2???? At
        > > that time the versions were daily... not the slow pace of only
        once a
        > > week we have now. ;)
        > >

        > Sorry, that wasn't meant quite the way it read. When I started
        with v 1.1,
        > everything was strange in terms of usage after the crud program
        that came out
        > with the PHB. By the time I used version 1.2, and started
        advertising PC Gen
        > on usenet, nothing seemed strange. We have had a few bugs, but
        your trusty
        > fly swat has always worked well, and as you say, daily versions (if
        not
        > better) meant I didn't have long to wait for a correction. The
        download
        > times were slightly quicker in the good old days too ;) :) :)

        Now the data files alone are bigger than the original versions of
        PCGen! Progress means bigger means better, right? ;)

        > > > BTW Can I ask why the selection of weapons offered when you
        choose
        > > weapons
        > > > focus as the free feat for a fighter (Don't say that fast!) is
        much
        > > narrower
        > > > than if you close the dialogue box and just select through the
        feat
        > > tab.
        > >
        > > Yes - you can ask. :)
        > >

        > That's my job as 'test monkey the oldest' (I suspect all others
        from that
        > time have evolved to far higher status up the simian tree)

        Yup - you definitely have seniority on that score. :)
        The reason is that it appears that your automatic weapon
        proficiencies haven't yet been generated by the time that first free
        feat is taken. If you take it at second level you'll notice that the
        problem is gone. One of those 'quirks' that needs some attention.
        Now if anyone knew how to create a few extra hours every day - I
        could put them to good use!

        -Bryan