Re: Problem Creating Vanara Shaman

  • merton_monk
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2002
      --- In pcgen@y..., "tadddavis" <tdavis@h...> wrote:
      > I have been trying to create a Vanara Shaman for several versions
      > including the most recent. The program does not like to place the
      > first level of the class, and if it does show as in v. 2.6.1 only
      > after changing tabs and going back it still gives no skills to be
      > assigned. This is not a monster race but a PC race from Oriental
      > Adventures.

      What you're experiencing are probably exceptions. Could you click on
      the Debug menu and bring up the Console? Clear it, and then create a
      new character of this class. Switch back to the console and post the
      contents here. Even better would be to run pcgen from pcgen.bat.
      Once you get the exception you should see a bunch of stuff called a
      stack trace sent to your command-prompt console. That would be
      invaluable to help us figure out the exact cause of the problem.
      Could be a data file issue and/or code issue.

      -Bryan
    • tadddavis
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2002
        Here is the info from the debug console nothing showed up on the bat
        window:

        java.lang.NumberFormatException: 6 LANGAUTO
        at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)
        at pcgen.core.Race.rollAgeForAgeSet(Unknown Source)
        at pcgen.core.PCClass.addLevel(Unknown Source)
        at pcgen.core.PlayerCharacter.incrementClassLevel(Unknown
        Source)
        at pcgen.core.PlayerCharacter.incrementClassLevel(Unknown
        Source)
        at pcgen.gui.InfoClasses.addClass(Unknown Source)
        at pcgen.gui.InfoClasses.access$200(Unknown Source)
        at pcgen.gui.InfoClasses$10.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown
        Source)
        at
        javax.swing.AbstractButton$ForwardActionEvents.actionPerformed
        (Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown
        Source)
        at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased
        (Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown
        Source)
        at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown
        Source)
        at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown
        Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy
        (Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy
        (Unknown Source)
        New1: = 0.0

        > --- In pcgen@y..., "tadddavis" <tdavis@h...> wrote:
        > > I have been trying to create a Vanara Shaman for several versions
        > > including the most recent. The program does not like to place the
        > > first level of the class, and if it does show as in v. 2.6.1 only
        > > after changing tabs and going back it still gives no skills to be
        > > assigned. This is not a monster race but a PC race from Oriental
        > > Adventures.
        >
        > What you're experiencing are probably exceptions. Could you click
        on
        > the Debug menu and bring up the Console? Clear it, and then create
        > new character of this class. Switch back to the console and post
        the
        > contents here. Even better would be to run pcgen from pcgen.bat.
        > Once you get the exception you should see a bunch of stuff called a
        > stack trace sent to your command-prompt console. That would be
        > invaluable to help us figure out the exact cause of the problem.
        > Could be a data file issue and/or code issue.
        >
        > -Bryan
      • tadddavis
        Message 3 of 5 , May 1, 2002
          I tried a few more things to help track down the problem, maybee? I
          was able to create no problem a human shaman and a vanara fighter and
          Rogue. However a vanara cleric, sorcerer and wizard all had the same
          problem as the shaman.

          > --- In pcgen@y..., "tadddavis" <tdavis@h...> wrote:
          > > I have been trying to create a Vanara Shaman for several versions
          > > including the most recent. The program does not like to place the
          > > first level of the class, and if it does show as in v. 2.6.1 only
          > > after changing tabs and going back it still gives no skills to be
          > > assigned. This is not a monster race but a PC race from Oriental
          > > Adventures.
          >
          > What you're experiencing are probably exceptions. Could you click
          on
          > the Debug menu and bring up the Console? Clear it, and then create
          > new character of this class. Switch back to the console and post
          the
          > contents here. Even better would be to run pcgen from pcgen.bat.
          > Once you get the exception you should see a bunch of stuff called a
          > stack trace sent to your command-prompt console. That would be
          > invaluable to help us figure out the exact cause of the problem.
          > Could be a data file issue and/or code issue.
          >
          > -Bryan
        • Tir Gwaith
          Message 4 of 5 , May 1, 2002
            I think it is a problem with the LST File. There isn't a TAB between the
            end of the AGE: tag and the LANGAUTO tag. I've got CVS version 1.4 on my
            HD. I'm going to pull CVS and get the file fixed on that point. That
            should solve both the 6 LANGAUTO error and the Age Set errors.....
            Give me 10 min.

            Tir Gwaith
            LST Chimp
            MM Race Dragon