Re: Damage Calculation Question

  • dafrca
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1, 2002
      Hello Bryan,

      > Your character is 9th level - going to 10th level doesn't normally
      > let you add an attribute point, but I'll assume it's rule #0.

      Sorry, the Character is at 11th now. I stoped building the file once
      the issue happened. I tested the attribute to see if it was a
      rounding error with the two hand use. So the file I have saved is the
      ninth level one.

      > I'm using PCGen 2.6.1 and I get +8

      OK, interesting....

      > 2.6.1 also gets +10.
      >
      > So - I'm not sure if there was a problem with 2.5.2 when you saved
      > your character (that's the version stamp in it), but with 2.6.1 it
      > seems to work just fine. :)
      >
      > -Bryan

      OK, so I went and rebuilt the character from scratch and still get
      the errors. So I deleted the whole PCGen and reloaded from the start.
      Still get the error. I am stumped. I have sent the file to a couple
      of friends as well. Maybe something glitched when I updated to 2.6.1
      on my side. I will have to try reloading the whole thing. Oh well...

      dafrca
    • Kevin Brown
      Message 2 of 8 , May 1, 2002
        Base attack bonus does NOT affect Damage, only your to-hit roll.

        > Hi, dafrca,
        >
        > You did not factor in the fighter's class base attack bonus in this...

        > >The character is a Fighter.
        > >
        > >Character is STR 17 Damage is +3
        > >Use Weapon 2-Handed Damage is +1
        > >Specialize in Weapon Damage is +2
        > >Weapon is Magical Damage is +2
        > > Total Should be (1d10) +8 but PCGen lists it as (1d10) +9
        > >
        > >When I level and the character is:
        > >Character is STR 18 Damage is +4
        > >Use Weapon 2-Handed Damage is +2
        > >Specialize in Weapon Damage is +2
        > >Weapon is Magical Damage is +2
        > > Total Should be (1d10) +10 but PCGen lists it as (1d10) +12
        > >
        > >OK, so where is the extra damage coming from? Any help would be
        > >useful, even if it is I am doing something wrong.
        > >
        > >dafrca
        >
        > Regards,
        > RageHeart
        > rageheart@...

      • RageHeart
        Message 3 of 8 , May 1, 2002

          At 5/1/2002 3:33:00 PM you wrote:

          >The character is a Fighter.
          >
          >Character is STR 17 Damage is +3
          >Use Weapon 2-Handed Damage is +1
          >Specialize in Weapon Damage is +2
          >Weapon is Magical Damage is +2
          > Total Should be (1d10) +8 but PCGen lists it as (1d10) +9
          >
          >When I level and the character is:
          >Character is STR 18 Damage is +4
          >Use Weapon 2-Handed Damage is +2
          >Specialize in Weapon Damage is +2
          >Weapon is Magical Damage is +2
          > Total Should be (1d10) +10 but PCGen lists it as (1d10) +12
          >
          >OK, so where is the extra damage coming from? Any help would be
          >useful, even if it is I am doing something wrong.
          >
          >dafrca

          Regards,
          RageHeart
          rageheart@...
        • RageHeart
          Message 4 of 8 , May 1, 2002
            Hi, dafrca,

            Nevermind, Damage, not to hit... ( Need.. More.... Coffeeeeee.)

            Regards,
            RageHeart
            rageheart@...