Re: Damage Calculation Question

  • dafrca
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1, 2002
      Bryan,

      It is in the Character PCG files folder now. It is called "Sarah.pcg".

      dafrca

      > Could you upload your pcg file to the Files/Character PCG files
      > folder here at yahoo? That would be the easiest way to verify
      what's
      > going on with your character.
      >
      > -Bryan
      >
      > --- In pcgen@y..., "dafrca" <danielc@e...> wrote:
      > > Hello All,
      > >
      > > Our group has started to use PCGen for the whole group. I started
      > > build my character in the program and have run into a minor
      glitch.
      > > It might be my error so if it is please don't flame me too much.
      > >
      > > Because I am so close to the next level I built the character two
      > > ways. One at each of the levels. When I go to the next level I
      > > receive another Attribute point. When I print the two out the
      > Damage
      > > calculation listed is not what I thought it should be. I have
      > redone
      > > the character twice just to be sure I did not click something I
      > > should not have. I need your help.
      > >
      > > The character is a Fighter.
      > >
      > > Character is STR 17 Damage is +3
      > > Use Weapon 2-Handed Damage is +1
      > > Specialize in Weapon Damage is +2
      > > Weapon is Magical Damage is +2
      > > Total Should be (1d10) +8 but PCGen lists it as (1d10) +9
      > >
      > > When I level and the character is:
      > > Character is STR 18 Damage is +4
      > > Use Weapon 2-Handed Damage is +2
      > > Specialize in Weapon Damage is +2
      > > Weapon is Magical Damage is +2
      > > Total Should be (1d10) +10 but PCGen lists it as (1d10) +12
      > >
      > > OK, so where is the extra damage coming from? Any help would be
      > > useful, even if it is I am doing something wrong.
      > >
      > > dafrca
    • merton_monk
      Message 2 of 8 , May 1, 2002
        > > --- In pcgen@y..., "dafrca" <danielc@e...> wrote:
        > > > Hello All,
        > > >
        > > > Our group has started to use PCGen for the whole group. I
        started
        > > > build my character in the program and have run into a minor
        > glitch.
        > > > It might be my error so if it is please don't flame me too much.
        > > >
        > > > Because I am so close to the next level I built the character
        two
        > > > ways. One at each of the levels. When I go to the next level I
        > > > receive another Attribute point. When I print the two out the
        > > Damage
        > > > calculation listed is not what I thought it should be. I have
        > > redone
        > > > the character twice just to be sure I did not click something I
        > > > should not have. I need your help.
        > > >
        > > > The character is a Fighter.

        Your character is 9th level - going to 10th level doesn't normally
        let you add an attribute point, but I'll assume it's rule #0.

        > > > Character is STR 17 Damage is +3
        > > > Use Weapon 2-Handed Damage is +1
        > > > Specialize in Weapon Damage is +2
        > > > Weapon is Magical Damage is +2
        > > > Total Should be (1d10) +8 but PCGen lists it as (1d10) +9

        I'm using PCGen 2.6.1 and I get +8

        > > > When I level and the character is:
        > > > Character is STR 18 Damage is +4
        > > > Use Weapon 2-Handed Damage is +2
        > > > Specialize in Weapon Damage is +2
        > > > Weapon is Magical Damage is +2
        > > > Total Should be (1d10) +10 but PCGen lists it as (1d10) +12

        2.6.1 also gets +10.

        So - I'm not sure if there was a problem with 2.5.2 when you saved
        your character (that's the version stamp in it), but with 2.6.1 it
        seems to work just fine. :)

        -Bryan

        > > > OK, so where is the extra damage coming from? Any help would be
        > > > useful, even if it is I am doing something wrong.
        > > >
        > > > dafrca
      • dafrca
        Message 3 of 8 , May 1, 2002
          Hello Bryan,

          > Your character is 9th level - going to 10th level doesn't normally
          > let you add an attribute point, but I'll assume it's rule #0.

          Sorry, the Character is at 11th now. I stoped building the file once
          the issue happened. I tested the attribute to see if it was a
          rounding error with the two hand use. So the file I have saved is the
          ninth level one.

          > I'm using PCGen 2.6.1 and I get +8

          OK, interesting....

          > 2.6.1 also gets +10.
          >
          > So - I'm not sure if there was a problem with 2.5.2 when you saved
          > your character (that's the version stamp in it), but with 2.6.1 it
          > seems to work just fine. :)
          >
          > -Bryan

          OK, so I went and rebuilt the character from scratch and still get
          the errors. So I deleted the whole PCGen and reloaded from the start.
          Still get the error. I am stumped. I have sent the file to a couple
          of friends as well. Maybe something glitched when I updated to 2.6.1
          on my side. I will have to try reloading the whole thing. Oh well...

          dafrca
        • Kevin Brown
          Message 4 of 8 , May 1, 2002
            Base attack bonus does NOT affect Damage, only your to-hit roll.

            > Hi, dafrca,
            >
            > You did not factor in the fighter's class base attack bonus in this...

            > >The character is a Fighter.
            > >
            > >Character is STR 17 Damage is +3
            > >Use Weapon 2-Handed Damage is +1
            > >Specialize in Weapon Damage is +2
            > >Weapon is Magical Damage is +2
            > > Total Should be (1d10) +8 but PCGen lists it as (1d10) +9
            > >
            > >When I level and the character is:
            > >Character is STR 18 Damage is +4
            > >Use Weapon 2-Handed Damage is +2
            > >Specialize in Weapon Damage is +2
            > >Weapon is Magical Damage is +2
            > > Total Should be (1d10) +10 but PCGen lists it as (1d10) +12
            > >
            > >OK, so where is the extra damage coming from? Any help would be
            > >useful, even if it is I am doing something wrong.
            > >
            > >dafrca
            >
            > Regards,
            > RageHeart
            > rageheart@...

          • RageHeart
            Message 5 of 8 , May 1, 2002

              At 5/1/2002 3:33:00 PM you wrote:

              >The character is a Fighter.
              >
              >Character is STR 17 Damage is +3
              >Use Weapon 2-Handed Damage is +1
              >Specialize in Weapon Damage is +2
              >Weapon is Magical Damage is +2
              > Total Should be (1d10) +8 but PCGen lists it as (1d10) +9
              >
              >When I level and the character is:
              >Character is STR 18 Damage is +4
              >Use Weapon 2-Handed Damage is +2
              >Specialize in Weapon Damage is +2
              >Weapon is Magical Damage is +2
              > Total Should be (1d10) +10 but PCGen lists it as (1d10) +12
              >
              >OK, so where is the extra damage coming from? Any help would be
              >useful, even if it is I am doing something wrong.
              >
              >dafrca

              Regards,
              RageHeart
              rageheart@...
            • RageHeart
              Message 6 of 8 , May 1, 2002
                Hi, dafrca,

                Nevermind, Damage, not to hit... ( Need.. More.... Coffeeeeee.)

                Regards,
                RageHeart
                rageheart@...