Re: Monkey Grip now supported!

  • jojo_starfinder
    Message 1 of 14 , May 1, 2002
      You've gotten confused there Bill. Their talking about another feat
      from the netbook of feats. Gigantic Weapons or some such. And I
      agree, tack on a weapon focus prereq and I might allow it in my
      campaigns too. Even with the weapon focus tacked on this is more
      like an Epic Level feat for chars over 20th level. Speaking of
      which; I wish they would hurry up and publish the Epic Level
      Handbook :) They got about 150+ new feats from what the main author
      says in his little review at the WotC website.

      --- In pcgen@y..., "Bill Olander" <groups@d...> wrote:
      > Has this been Errata'd?
      >
      > My Sword and Fist says: Base Attack +1, Str 13+, Weapon Focus with
      the
      > weapon.

    • Emily Smirle
      Message 2 of 14 , May 1, 2002
        jojo_starfinder wrote:

        > You've gotten confused there Bill. Their talking about another feat
        > from the netbook of feats. Gigantic Weapons or some such. And I
        > agree, tack on a weapon focus prereq and I might allow it in my
        > campaigns too. Even with the weapon focus tacked on this is more
        > like an Epic Level feat for chars over 20th level. Speaking of
        > which; I wish they would hurry up and publish the Epic Level
        > Handbook :) They got about 150+ new feats from what the main author
        > says in his little review at the WotC website.

        Heh. I've allowed it in my campeign, but the character had to have
        Weapon Focus and he had to take it for each weapon he wielded. It worked
        more or less like Monkey Grip except for the size range. The player
        wanted the "Braver Sword" from Final Fantasy. o.O

        He's a low level character, and he very rarely hits with it. The party's
        put him in the front ranks, however, so he can pose with it and frighten
        off Goblins and whatnot.
        --
        "Beer is the mind-killer. Beer is the little death that brings total
        oblivion. I will face my beer. I will permit it to pass over me and
        Message 3 of 14 , May 1, 2002
          > You've gotten confused there Bill. Their talking about another feat
          > from the netbook of feats. Gigantic Weapons or some such. And I
          > agree, tack on a weapon focus prereq and I might allow it in my
          > campaigns too. Even with the weapon focus tacked on this is more
          > like an Epic Level feat for chars over 20th level. Speaking of
          > which; I wish they would hurry up and publish the Epic Level
          > Handbook :) They got about 150+ new feats from what the main author
          > says in his little review at the WotC website.

          I don't think it is that powerful that it needs to be epic level.
          All it does it let you weild a weapon that is one size bigger than
          you normally could. In fact in one campaign I ran I let someone use
          monkey grip to do this because I thought monkey grip just effectively
          reduced the size of the weapon by one with a -2 penalty. So he was
          going around with a huge greatsword. It wasn't very overpowered,
          especially since he couldn't find any magical ones.