Re: Help adding monkish items

  • oni_nz
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 30, 2002
      Yep, I know all about the Tattooed Monk, I was the one to add it.
      I couldn't realy see another way to add the Tattoos at the time,
      thinking about it now, perhaps a series of hidden feats of type
      tattoo each giving the requisite SA+bonus so they show up on the
      sheet. Only problem I have with that is very few like 1 or 2 are
      either constantly running, and actually affect the character in a way
      that PCGen could utilise.
      As for other sources of Tattoos, the BoEM has a nifty little
      feat 'Item Image' effectivly binding and item into a tattoo...

      P. //* The Monk I was playing almost became a Tattooed Monk, but that
      game has gone into hiatus *//

      --- In pcgen@y..., Fred Skinner II <fts1947@s...> wrote:
      > The Oriental Adventures has a pcr of tattooed monk. The tattoos
      they use could be adapted to any campaign, and they have some
      interesting effects and seem to blend with the other core rules. Some
      are related to monk schools. You should take a look. Unfortunately
      the lst files for the tattoos are not yet included so you would need
      access to the OA book. There are 30 tattoos listed in the book.
      > There is also a feat, Tattoo Magic, that offers a selection of
      castable tattoo/spells (scrolls) in FRLoD and the feat Scribe Tattoo
      in the Psionic Handbook for psionics tattoos. The last I am not
      familiar with. The NBoF has a feat Craft Magic Tattoo that can
      convert a spell into a spell like ability. I am also not familiar
      with that one. It seems that there is a spell or two and a single use
      feat (red wizards of Thay) also. All in all a lot of tattoo goodies.