Re: Addt'l campaign Languages (was: FRCS Region problems)

  • dinthron
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 30, 2002
      So, what you're saying is, I have to replicate the LANGAUTO or
      LANGBONUS for _EACH_ race in the campaign? So, SWAGing a number 30+
      different replicated entries?

      --- In pcgen@y..., "klinejon" <jkline@a...> wrote:
      > I'm probably not the most qualified to answer this, but....
      >
      > Short Answer:
      >
      > In your campaign-specific races file, add a LANGAUTO entry for each
      race if all members of that race have the specified language. For
      example: LANGAUTO:Common,English to give that race Common and English
      automatically, or LANGBONUS:English, etc to give each race the option
      of taking English if their INT allows a bonus language.

      > Long Answer:
      >
      > Look at the realmstemplates.lst files. There is an entry for every
      region in the FR, and each entry has QUALIFY statements for the
      regional feats, as well as entries for languages (LANGAUTO for those
      automatically known, and LANGBONUS to set the list from which
      INT-based bonus languages must be selected).

      > These entries are additive to the ones in the realmsraces.lst file.
      >
      > If, for example, you make a FR Wood Elf, from the Wood Elf region,
      you have:

      > From realmsraces: Elven from LANGAUTO entry for Elf (F. Realms)
      >
      > From realmsraces: Common,Dwarven,Gnome,Goblin,Giant,Gnoll,
      Halfling,Orc, and Undercommon from LANGBONUS entry for Elf (F. Realms)
      as bonus choices for high INT

      > From realmstemplates: Elven from LANGUATO entry for Region-Elf
      (Wood) (Redundant if you are an Elf, but if you were a human from
      that region for some reason you'd get Elven for free)

      > From realmstemplates: Common from a LANGUATO entry for the Elf
      (Wood) subrace template

      > From realmstemplates: Chondathan,Draconic,Gnome,Goblin,Gnoll,Sylvan
      from LANGBONUS for Region-Elf (Wood) as bonus choices for high INT.

      > Resulting in: Common, Elven automatically, and the choices of:
      Chondathan, Draconic, Dwarven, Gnome,Goblin,Giant,Gnoll, Halfling,Orc,
      Sylvan, and Undercommon depending on your INT.