Dragonstar armor typo fix

  • Dan Young
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 29, 2002
      There's been a typo in the last few versions of
      starfarershbequiparmorshields.lst (Dragonstar Starfarer's Handbook). The
      assault hardsuit's Armor bonus to AC is listed at 1|6, instead of the
      correct 16. The bar separating the value from the type afterwards seems to
      be misplaced. It's easy to fix if you are slightly familiar with the files,
      but hopefully it can get updated for future releases.

      Dan
    • merton_monk
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 29, 2002
        Could someone also verify if the class from masters of the wild
        is "Eye of Grumsh" or "Eye of Gruumsh"? Based on Tir's comments a
        couple of days ago I changed it to the former, but then Tir said he
        wasn't sure of the spelling...

        -Bryan

        --- In pcgen@y..., "Dan Young" <unknown@t...> wrote:
        > There's been a typo in the last few versions of
        > starfarershbequiparmorshields.lst (Dragonstar Starfarer's
        Handbook). The
        > assault hardsuit's Armor bonus to AC is listed at 1|6, instead of
        the
        > correct 16. The bar separating the value from the type afterwards
        seems to
        > be misplaced. It's easy to fix if you are slightly familiar with
        the files,
        > but hopefully it can get updated for future releases.
        >
        > Dan
      • mark_hulsman
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 29, 2002
          > Could someone also verify if the class from masters of the wild
          > is "Eye of Grumsh" or "Eye of Gruumsh"? Based on Tir's comments a
          > couple of days ago I changed it to the former, but then Tir said he
          > wasn't sure of the spelling...

          Its Eye of Gruumsh.
        • Benjamin Pew
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 29, 2002
            Who needs Masters of the Wild? I'd be fairly certain that the god's name
            hasn't changed from the PHB to Masters of the Wild. In the PHB, it's Gruumsh
            (as it has been since 1st edition).

            Could someone also verify if the class from masters of the wild
            is "Eye of Grumsh" or "Eye of Gruumsh"? Based on Tir's comments a
            couple of days ago I changed it to the former, but then Tir said he
            wasn't sure of the spelling...

            -Bryan

            --- In pcgen@y..., "Dan Young" <unknown@t...> wrote:
            > There's been a typo in the last few versions of
            > starfarershbequiparmorshields.lst (Dragonstar Starfarer's
            Handbook). The
            > assault hardsuit's Armor bonus to AC is listed at 1|6, instead of
            the
            > correct 16. The bar separating the value from the type afterwards
            seems to
            > be misplaced. It's easy to fix if you are slightly familiar with
            the files,
            > but hopefully it can get updated for future releases.
            >
            > Dan

          • Dan Young
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 29, 2002
              Sorry to be so fixated on power armor, but I notice more oddities the more I
              look...

              Power armor is pretty heavy (250 or 350 pounds), but it gives the user an 18
              or 22 strength. This is still enough weight to count as a medium or heavy
              load. Loads can give max dex bonuses and armor check penalties, but only if
              the load category is greater than the rating of the armor. (Medium load
              with light armor, etc.) Power armor doesn't seem to count as medium or
              heavy armor, so the character receives a load penalty along with the armor
              penalties. The book isn't clear about if power armor should count as heavy
              armor for superseding load penalties, but this would seem appropriate. Any
              ideas on this?

              Dan
            • jojo_starfinder
              Message 6 of 7 , May 1, 2002
                Its powered. Its weight should not count towards load penalties is
                how I tend to see it. The servo's or whatever you want to call the
                powered articulators and such should more than compensate for the
                armors weight. The max dex is +1 and +0 for combat hardsuit and
                assualt hardsuit respectively and theres no armor check penalty. The
                max dex bonus numbers more than make up for not counting the armors
                weight. The fact that their description also states that the wearer
                is able to move at hustle speeds for 12 straight hours without rest
                or suffering fatigue penalties and can install integral weapons
                should be enough to allow one to say that there are no load
                penalties for wearer this type of armor. Anyhow, if you include load
                penalties for the powered armors weight its like saying you add the
                weight of the horse your riding or the car your driving to the
                characters load. Powered armor is basically a construct or vehicle
                that your strapped into. Also where your talking about if powered
                armor counts as medium or heavy armor for superceding load penalty
                purposes theres nothing to figure out. Powered armor is one step
                above heavy armor. light/medium/heavy/powered.

                --- In pcgen@y..., "Dan Young" <unknown@t...> wrote:
                > Sorry to be so fixated on power armor, but I notice more oddities
                the more I
                > look...
                >
                > Power armor is pretty heavy (250 or 350 pounds), but it gives the
                user an 18
                > or 22 strength. This is still enough weight to count as a medium
                or heavy
                > load. Loads can give max dex bonuses and armor check penalties,
                but only if
                > the load category is greater than the rating of the armor.
                (Medium load
                > with light armor, etc.) Power armor doesn't seem to count as
                medium or
                > heavy armor, so the character receives a load penalty along with
                the armor
                > penalties. The book isn't clear about if power armor should count
                as heavy
                > armor for superseding load penalties, but this would seem
                appropriate. Any
                > ideas on this?
                >
                > Dan
              • Dan Young
                Message 7 of 7 , May 1, 2002
                  Well, it sounds good, but I don't think that's explicitly stated. Also, I
                  was confused about the load penalties. You take the worse penalties of
                  those from your armor and from your current load. So, if the armor worn
                  (heavy or not) has lesser penalties than your current load (say, medium)
                  then the worse of each penalty apply. The category of the armor doesn't
                  factor into it. In the case of a medium load and a combat hardsuit, you'd
                  get a max dex bonus of 1 from the armor, and a check penalty of -3 from the
                  load.

                  But yes, it might make sense for the armor to carry its own weight. It'd be
                  easy enough to change the weight for the armor to zero in the .lst files, if
                  you plan to use it that way. I'd have to present it to the DM locally and
                  see what he thinks, but it makes sense.

                  Dan