Elven Thinblade

  • Roman Paravicini
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 27, 2001
      I recently wanted to build a Rogue with proficiency in Elven Thinblades.
      All worked fine, until I wanted to take Weapon Finesse. I know that Elven
      Thinblades were not mentioned in the feat as eligible weapons, but since
      they were published afterwards and are in all effect rapier with a better
      damage they should also be eligible for the feat.

      Can I change this myself, and if yes how do I do it.

      Yours,
      Roman Paravicini
    • Sussenberger, John
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 27, 2001
        Try this:

        I added this to my custom lst file, but you can replace the current entry in PHBFEAT.LST

        Find the file, try to open it by double clicking.  If it opens correctly, make the change to the Weapon Finesse feat entry.  If you get an Open With... window, find Notepad and select it.

        Add the entry:

        Size.M.Thinblade, elven to the list of weapons.

        It may look like this, but I would avoid copying mine since my PHBFEAT.LST is old.

        Weapon Finesse ATT:1 TYPE:General.Fighter DESC:With a specific weapon you're proficient in, you can substitute your Dex bonus to hit for your Str bonus to hit. MULT:YES CHOOSE:WEAPONPROFS|Size.M.Rapier|Size.M.Chain (spiked)|Size.M.Thinblade, elven|WSize.Light BONUS:WEAPONPROF=%LIST|TOHIT|-STR BONUS:WEAPONPROF=%LIST|TOHIT|DEX BONUS:WEAPONPROF=%LIST|TOHIT|SHIELDACHECK

        You will note that I added Elven Thinblade with the Size.M option, which means that only Size Medium and larger can gain Finesse with this weapon.

        If you have any other questions, let me know.

        -John-

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 27, 2001
          Thx a lot ...

          Yours,
          Roman Paravicini
        • Moulton, Ernie Mr USAREC
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 28, 2001
            You can also use the PGEditor (posted in the files section).  To do so you would use the Spells menu, which can accomodate files like this one.  Open and read the file, scroll down to the Weapon Finesse line, and make your change....

              Ernie Moulton
              E-Mail Administrator ยบ+
              ACS / HQ USAREC
              502 626-1664  FAX 502 626-0994

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 3, 2001
              I was just wondering where the rules for the Elven Thinblade came
              from? Are they in Sword and Fist? Thanks!

              -Daeval

              --- In pcgen@y..., "Roman Paravicini" <Hesha@g...> wrote:
              > I recently wanted to build a Rogue with proficiency in Elven
              Thinblades.
              > All worked fine, until I wanted to take Weapon Finesse. I know that
              Elven
              > Thinblades were not mentioned in the feat as eligible weapons, but
              since
              > they were published afterwards and are in all effect rapier with a
              better
              > damage they should also be eligible for the feat.
              >
              > Can I change this myself, and if yes how do I do it.
              >
              > Yours,
              > Roman Paravicini
            • Damian
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 3, 2001
                one of the dragon magazines, i think.  i don't know what Issue.
                I was just wondering where the rules for the Elven Thinblade came
                from?  Are they in Sword and Fist?  Thanks!

                -Daeval

                --- In pcgen@y..., "Roman Paravicini" <Hesha@g...> wrote:
                > I recently wanted to build a Rogue with proficiency in Elven
                Thinblades.
                > All worked fine, until I wanted to take Weapon Finesse. I know that
                Elven
                > Thinblades were not mentioned in the feat as eligible weapons, but
                since
                > they were published afterwards and are in all effect rapier with a
                better
                > damage they should also be eligible for the feat.
                >
                > Can I change this myself, and if yes how do I do it.
                >
                > Yours,
                > Roman Paravicini

              • David Cortijo
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 3, 2001
                  Dragon Magazine.  Issue 275, if I'm not mistaken... :)

                  Dave