[BUG REPORT] Can't load .pcg with bad .lst file?

  • ailurodragon
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2 1:24 PM
      [[My apologies for the double post - failed to put the proper keyword
      on the first one.]]
      [Not sure if this is a bug report, enhancement request, or both.]

      Okay, I'm new at this, but I don't see the answer in the FAQ or doc.
      I tried to create my own .lst file (and associated .pcc file) to
      handle a new magical item we found in our campaign. When I attempted
      to Open my character file, I received the "Opening character..."
      message in the status bar, but my character would not open. With debug
      on, I saw (after the feat debug) a NoSuchElementException within
      pcgen.gui.InfoInventory.initComponents() Unloading the custom file I
      made resolved this problem - my charcter loaded again just fine.
      Some sort of useful error echoing to the user about a bad .lst file
      would be nice here.

      I put my files under data/customsources/<my_name>, would this cause
      trouble?
      I suspect I've screwed up my .lst file somehow, but I don't see what
      I've done wrong. I've read the doc that shipped with 2.5.1 on
      customization, but I don't see my error. Perhaps a generous soul will
      have a look at the files I've left in the "need help files" section
      under ailurodragon.zip.
      JDK 1.3.1-b24/NT 4.0

      Thanks all!
      [If I've violated protocol somehow, I trust someone will let me know.
      Where's my asbestos?]