[PCGEN] ATTN: Merton_Monk

  • RageHeart
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2 1:09 PM
      Hi, merton_monk, ET AL...,

      I was trying to think of way's I might be able to help out as a code monk_E, and so I DL'd the src files. (THEY'RE HUGE!) and browsed through them but my java's really rusty atm... I was wondering a few things:

      1. When the lst files get loaded into pcgen, how is the info stored in ram? as a ListArray?
      2. Are only selected lst files loaded?
      3. Are all non selected lst files flushed from memory? or are they retained in RAM?
      4. Are the lst files stored as pointers to the data on the HDD or as raw data in RAM?

      Just wondering.

      Regards,
      RageHeart
      rageheart@...
    • merton_monk
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2 1:47 PM
        Look in the pcgen\persistence\lst directory, all the data loading is
        done there.

        --- In pcgen@y..., RageHeart <rageheart@w...> wrote:
        > Hi, merton_monk, ET AL...,
        >
        > I was trying to think of way's I might be able to help out as a
        code monk_E, and so I DL'd the src files. (THEY'RE HUGE!) and browsed
        through them but my java's really rusty atm... I was wondering a few
        things:

        > 1. When the lst files get loaded into pcgen, how is the info
        stored in ram? as a ListArray?

        Depends - we use lots of different kinds of Lists depending on the
        type of object. We use ArrayLists, Sets, Maps, etc.

        > 2. Are only selected lst files loaded?

        Yes.

        > 3. Are all non selected lst files flushed from memory? or are
        they retained in RAM?

        Flush 'em, baby! ;)

        > 4. Are the lst files stored as pointers to the data on the HDD or
        as raw data in RAM?

        Stored in RAM.

        -Bryan

        > Just wondering.
        >
        > Regards,
        > RageHeart
        > rageheart@a...
      • giliath01
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 2 1:51 PM
          > 1. When the lst files get loaded into pcgen, how is the info
          stored in ram? as a ListArray?
          > 2. Are only selected lst files loaded?
          > 3. Are all non selected lst files flushed from memory? or are
          they retained in RAM?
          > 4. Are the lst files stored as pointers to the data on the HDD or
          as raw data in RAM?

          The data is loaded into ArrayLists that are kept in Globals.java.
          All of the data from the .lst files is loaded into RAM for quick
          access. Only selected .lst files are loaded and the data that is not
          loaded is purged from RAM if it was previously loaded.

          ~Giliath