Re: Need help with Custom Feat that adds an effective spell level

  • merton_monk
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2 8:56 AM
      You could add BONUS:PCLEVEL|Wizard|1[tab]BONUS:PCLEVEL|Bard|1[tab]
      BONUS:PCLEVEL|Sorcerer|1 etc to the feat. That would do what you
      want... optimally it would be nice to have
      BONUS:PCLEVEL|TYPE=Arcane|1 but such a creature does not exist yet.

      -Bryan, who probably doesn't have as many ranks in Craft (datafiles)
      as others on this board do, but having created the syntax in the
      first place counts for some big-time modifiers! :)

      --- In pcgen@y..., "freebfrost" <freebfrost@h...> wrote:
      > OK,
      >
      > I found a nice feat on the net called Blood of the Ancients that
      > gives an arcane spellcaster +1 effective level for spell casting
      > purposes only. So, at 1st level, this means the spellcaster knows
      > spells and casts spells equal to a 2nd level caster in all aspects,
      > but naturally does not gain the hit dice, etc. that a 2nd level
      > caster does.
      >
      > Problem is, I have no idea on how to code this feat. I know that
      > some prestige classes add an effective spell level when a level is
      > gained, but this feat would give them one effective spell level
      > *over* their actual level.
      >
      > Any ideas or suggestions?

      I think the CHOOSE

      > -- Mark W. Bruce
    • merton_monk
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2 9:10 AM
        Oh wait.... BONUS:PCLEVEL|Wizard|1 etc. will only work in a class
        file, not in a feat file. Hm, we should make that bonus accessible
        for all files since this feat proves there's a need for it. I happen
        to be in the middle of taking a wrecking ball to the Spells related
        code, so I'll add this to my list. :)

        -Bryan

        > You could add BONUS:PCLEVEL|Wizard|1[tab]BONUS:PCLEVEL|Bard|1[tab]
        > BONUS:PCLEVEL|Sorcerer|1 etc to the feat. That would do what you
        > want... optimally it would be nice to have
        > BONUS:PCLEVEL|TYPE=Arcane|1 but such a creature does not exist
        yet.

        > -Bryan, who probably doesn't have as many ranks in Craft
        (datafiles)
        > as others on this board do, but having created the syntax in the
        > first place counts for some big-time modifiers! :)
        >
        > --- In pcgen@y..., "freebfrost" <freebfrost@h...> wrote:
        > > OK,
        > >
        > > I found a nice feat on the net called Blood of the Ancients that
        > > gives an arcane spellcaster +1 effective level for spell casting
        > > purposes only. So, at 1st level, this means the spellcaster
        knows
        > > spells and casts spells equal to a 2nd level caster in all
        aspects,
        > > but naturally does not gain the hit dice, etc. that a 2nd level
        > > caster does.
        > >
        > > Problem is, I have no idea on how to code this feat. I know that
        > > some prestige classes add an effective spell level when a level
        is
        > > gained, but this feat would give them one effective spell level
        > > *over* their actual level.
        > >
        > > Any ideas or suggestions?
        >
        > I think the CHOOSE
        > >

        > > -- Mark W. Bruce
      • tirgwaith
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 3 4:21 PM
          PLEASE!?!?! I want it for race.lst for spellcasting races like
          Titan, who can cast like a 20 level Wizard or 20 level Cleric,
          Dragons.

          And formula support would be nice, like
          BONUS:PCLEVEL|Sorcerer|TL/2.INTVAL (or HD when that becomes available.

          Tir Gwaith
          LST Chimp

          Craft (LST Coding) Ranks:7+
          Feat: LST Coding Specialization (Race.lst)