Re: [pcgen] Re: Question about custom equipment

  • Keith Davies
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1, 2002
      On Sun, Mar 31, 2002 at 10:53:56PM -0000, merton_monk wrote:
      > Interesting, I see that Holy can only affect TYPE:Weapon so that's
      > why you can't apply it to a shield. Maybe we should change that to
      > TYPE:Weapon.Shield? I'm not sure if that will make it so it only
      > affects weapons which are also shields, or if it would allow it to
      > work on weapons *and* shields. The other route to go would be to try
      > to customise the Shield Bash item and add Holy to that (since it
      > should be a weapon).

      I'd be more inclined to have shields treated as weapons. Why can't I
      have a flaming shield? Hmm? Not allowing vorpal I'd understand, but
      a shield could be treated as having certain weapon characteristics
      without breaking too many brains, I think.

      I've even worked on games that said that shields are weapons specialized
      for defense.

      This is a case where I'd suggest that having have shields treated as
      weapons for some purposes is reasonable, even though it's not how they
      are described in the rulebooks.

      Keith
      --
      Keith Davies
      kjdavies@...

      Evil High Priest: "Leave now, if you value your skins."
      Garrick: "I'm all for it."